James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

It's really boring staying at Leicester when you've got a move to Newcastle on the table. Can't see him just using this for a new contract. Especially with Leicester not really being on the up. 

Maybe need to get over my hatred of him soon.

6 minutes ago, Geordie Magpie said:

We are struggling with wages or Leicester are? 

I just don't get why we are offering such structured deals but I'm also not a financial expert or aware of workings inside the club.

Hopefully this is one gets done though. Him and Werner would wrap up a very good window, Cornet on top of this would be the icing on the cake 

Last year our wages to income was 78% which Staveley said she wanted to reduce as it was too high. Leicesters was 105%. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

A 5million increase is perfectly reasonable btw. Not sure why people are passing and complaining about it. 

The whole thing just has me confused like :lol:

We've already signed 3 absolute top drawer footballers for a great price. People were like "just pay £50m for Carlos or Botman" at one point i'm sure (probably me).

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

We've already signed 3 absolute top drawer footballers for a great price. People were like "just pay £50m for Carlos or Botman" at one point i'm sure (probably me).

It’s almost as if we’re being run by people who know better than us again :lol:

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's really boring staying at Leicester when you've got a move to Newcastle on the table. Can't see him just using this for a new contract. Especially with Leicester not really being on the up. 

Maybe need to get over my hatred of him soon.

It's an unnecessary dig at us really, but what we've come to expect. It must really boil his piss that Newcastle might be an attractive proposition to players like Maddison.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

And me :lol: like that rn tbh. Want this absolute shithouse playing for us and playing for us right fucking now. :lol:

Ouff. Need to get this sorted. Prefer this guy to Paqueta given that he is proven in this league. The most exciting player we've been linked to for ages apart from Raphinha for me. 

9 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Last year our wages to income was 78% which Staveley said she wanted to reduce as it was too high. Leicesters was 105%. 

Our income will be increasing at some rate should we make significant signings. 

9 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Ours with a load of overpaid shite and no commercial exposure to where Leicester are probably maxed at what they can bring in. 

Just now, ponsaelius said:

It is interesting that we'd go this high but have backed off at similarly high valuations for the likes of Isak and Diaby. I guess their valuation metrics must be giving significant weight to being PL proven.

His stats last season obv carry a ton of weight 

Just now, Kanji said:

Christ, if this happens - would he try and take the #10 from Maxi? 

Surely not? Wish Ritchie would sling his hook, like. Bout time we had 11 back at CM a la Speed. 

34 minutes ago, HTT II said:

None of them have a clue, they don’t break stories these days, they cling to Twitter and social media gossip and forums like this and try and outdo each other to be the first to get something out, then they make a few follow up tweets to keep people engaged and 9/10 their shite never materialises as true. I like Hope and know him, he’s a top bloke, but he has zero inside info within the walls of NUFC other than what they all get fed by our press team which is basically a drip feed of basic generic shite like injuries, monitoring, looking at, hoping to sign, squad happy etc. stuff. 

Yeah, he always comes across as a decent gadgie when I’ve heard him on podcasts & radio etc, but what you’ve said tallies with my thinking (though I don’t know him). 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Surely not? Wish Ritchie would sling his hook, like. Bout time we had 11 back at CM a la Speed. 

11 needs to go to a proper player now. I agree. 

6 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It is interesting that we'd go this high but have backed off at similarly high valuations for the likes of Isak and Diaby. I guess their valuation metrics must be giving significant weight to being PL proven.

Or maybe, Maddison is just a tad better of a player than those two?