Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Out of everyone who lefts clubs and been transferred that we were linked to, are there any that we think omg that’s a huge miss, if only we had gotten them in instead of x club?

I can’t think of many, especially ones where they went somewhere else INSTEAD of us. Ekitike is the only snub we’ve really had, and it’s just potential really no idea how good he is. 

The ones we all really wanted, Paqueta, Diaby, Maddison, Harrison, Isak, Osimhen, none of these kind of names have actually gone anywhere. And so I do believe NUFC have a long term approach to signing the specific people they have earmarked, and are prepared to wait accordingly. 

I think we are frustrated because it’s a no brainer where we lack depth and anyone decent would help but I think they have a plan of action on how to jump to 4th using certain profile of players, and would rather not fill out the squad with ones which do not fit and take up resources. 

If you said take Cornet or Dennis now vs Isak or Osimhen in January or next summer it’s a no brainer, get someone on loan and wait. 

The one seemingly obvious frustration is that of Paqueta as he is someone potentially world class, within our budget and would definitely come to us, and also an area we need. So it makes too much sense and the fear is that he has plenty of interest elsewhere.

the 80/20 rule, if only Paqueta was signed that would satisfy most. 

7 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

We don't have the bulk of £60m up front to spend due to ffp that's why we are offering low starting bids and spreading costs

For FFP the costs are spread by amortisation anyway. A £60m transfer fee is a £12m per season amortisation cost, including wages as say £150k per week it's an annual FFP accounting cost of roughly £20m.

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

Out of everyone who lefts clubs and been transferred that we were linked to, are there any that we think omg that’s a huge miss, if only we had gotten them in instead of x club?

I can’t think of many, especially ones where they went somewhere else INSTEAD of us. Ekitike is the only snub we’ve really had, and it’s just potential really no idea how good he is. 

The ones we all really wanted, Paqueta, Diaby, Maddison, Harrison, Isak, Osimhen, none of these kind of names have actually gone anywhere. And so I do believe NUFC have a long term approach to signing the specific people they have earmarked, and are prepared to wait accordingly. 

I think we are frustrated because it’s a no brainer where we lack depth and anyone decent would help but I think they have a plan of action on how to jump to 4th using certain profile of players, and would rather not fill out the squad with ones which do not fit and take up resources. 

If you said take Cornet or Dennis now vs Isak or Osimhen in January or next summer it’s a no brainer, get someone on loan and wait. 

The one seemingly obvious frustration is that of Paqueta as he is someone potentially world class, within our budget and would definitely come to us, and also an area we need. So it makes too much sense and the fear is that he has plenty of interest elsewhere.

the 80/20 rule, if only Paqueta was signed that would satisfy most. 

If we don't get anyone in, then I think Mara was a miss. Young striker/winger for 10m with a lot of upside.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Why not? That's how most transfers are structured. 

This is the thing, people were outraged when Ashley wouldnt spread the costs, because most clubs do. Now people are booting off over us doing it. Everyone does it this way, Leicester still owe us for Perez for example.

How many times regarding Paqueta man :lol: I have not seen a single reliable source who covers us or transfers in general since the start of July (e.g Ornstein) say that we're in for Paqueta. If he was within our budget, wanted to come here and is someone Howe wants then surely he would've been signed by now. People need to move on. We won't sign him* and we're very very likely to not even be in for him and just because he's danced with Bruno on the pitch at Lyon a few times doesn't change that.

*Wouldn't be unhappy if we did, mind.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

I think people have convinced themselves we were going to come into the market all guns blazing due to PIF being minted and buy a load of top drawer and expensive new players and are now disappointed and getting upset because that hasn’t happened. 

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

The club has done a great job of convincing everyone that we've only got a tight budget left, severely limited by FFP. Watch us suddenly announce Paqueta, Diaby and Isak at the same time.

I mean, I’d love that :lol:

Chelsea also in talks to extend Broja's contract so, presumably, he'll also go out on loan.

I think we could have been discussing any number of possible deals with Chelsea yesterday;

- Broja

- Gallagher

- CHO

- Pulisic

23 minutes ago, Beth said:

Yes I understand that, even if we had offered £60m for him theres no way they were going to accept £12-15m a year spread over 4/5 years.

Also maybe the club don’t think his market rate is £60m. Maddison’s agent even told us he’s available for £42m.

Which other club are in for him at £60m up front? Which other club have made any bid at all for him other than us?

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Also maybe the club don’t think his market rate is £60m. Maddison’s agent even told us he’s available for £42m.

Which other club are in for him at £60m up front? Which other club have made any bid at all for him other than us?

I agree with this. 2 years left on his deal with no concrete indication he will sign a new one. Anything from £45 million to £50 million max is fair value in my eyes. 

That’s not to say I wouldn’t pay slightly over the odds to get him, but I certainly wouldn’t be having a go at the club if they choose not to.

5 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Chelsea also in talks to extend Broja's contract so, presumably, he'll also go out on loan.

I think we could have been discussing any number of possible deals with Chelsea yesterday;

- Broja

- Gallagher

- CHO

- Pulisic

I would take all bar Callum Hudson adoi 

I don’t get what he does ….he is Chelseas miggy ……winger that’s flatters to deceive 

All the rest ….Yes 

in order 

Pulisic 

Gallagher 

Broja 

for me

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Richarlison £60m. 25. 2 years left on his contract. Regular Brazilian international. 32 PL G/A last 2 seasons. 

Raphinha £50m. 25. 2 years left on his contract. Emerging Brazilian international. Bidding war. 31 PL G/A last 2 seasons.

Maddison. £45m??????. 25. 2 years left on his contract. English. 33 PL G/A last 2 seasons.

Market value has to be around £50m-£60m

Less than £50m is a steal.

11 minutes ago, Conjo said:

He's a LM/LW. Far from what we should be focusing on.

Edit: Harrison that is

He's played RW/RM a lot too tbf, the thinking was that that's where Howe saw him playing, especially with him being strong with both feet. 

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

He's played RW/RM a lot too tbf, the thinking was that that's where Howe saw him playing, especially with him being strong with both feet. 

18/19

image.png.274d1d7ab4722f86d70c5e7fb0c8240c.png

19/20

image.png.afe3adc4f601b61853f9fac87ed685ba.png

20/21

image.png.d04a06debdf404c621fd764e3eab8db6.png

21/22

image.png.e7c1a63e840f284b1636175b962bc7e5.png

22/23

image.png.35b0ce9fe560122a0ca788bb37950588.png

Maybe he's been rotating between LW & RW during matches which makes the numbers lie a bit, but 8 starts at RW/RM the last 3 seasons isn't a lot imo. At least he seems to be quite effective when playing there so could potentially work, but it's a bit of a risk in case it doesn't (if he's only been starting at RW for specific tactical reasons f.ex).

Edited by Conjo

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

18/19

image.png.274d1d7ab4722f86d70c5e7fb0c8240c.png

19/20

image.png.afe3adc4f601b61853f9fac87ed685ba.png

20/21

image.png.d04a06debdf404c621fd764e3eab8db6.png

21/22

image.png.e7c1a63e840f284b1636175b962bc7e5.png

22/23

image.png.35b0ce9fe560122a0ca788bb37950588.png

Maybe he's been rotating between LW & RW during matches which makes the numbers lie a bit, but 8 starts at RW/RM the last 3 seasons isn't a lot imo. At least he seems to be quite effective when playing there so could potentially work, but it's a bit of a risk in case it doesn't (if he's only been starting at RW for specific tactical reasons f.ex).

Probably not going to get a game in Raphina's best position like. We know how often it's been mentioned that Howe wants versatility as well. Either way I think he'd be a good fit imo, so it's a shame.