Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

We aren’t paying Raphinha type wages next season - €240,000  (£210,000) 

I could see us stretching to £125,000-£140,000

No chance of £200k+ 

I can see us looking at players under that range (maybe £50m) and £100k and developing !

1 minute ago, JonBez comesock said:

No chance of £200k+ 

I can see us looking at players under that range (maybe £50m) and £100k and developing !

Said it before - Samuel Chukwueze

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wasn’t there rumours before the PIF takeover stalled in the past we were going to sign Messi before he went to PSG?

14 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

No chance of £200k+ 

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

Yeah no chance we push our wage structure north of 200k at this point, the top end will remain around 150k I expect. 

Talk of Bruno’s new deal increasing from his current £125kpw to around £200kpw, isn’t there? We’ll be paying that soon, if not quite this summer. 

He's sotons crown jewel. Theyll not let him go for less than £30m and if you remove his set pens, isn't a player that brings much else. 

Its a massive no thanks from me, but we've just got to trust those in charge.

Edited by Dokko

Just now, Dokko said:

He's sotons crown jew. Theyll not let him go for less than £30m and if you remove his set pens, isn't a player that brings much else. 

Its a massive no thanks from me, but we've just got to trust those in charge.

I think your autocorrect is antisemitic.

2 hours ago, La Parka said:

Ah, those were the days. Wonder if Brett enerton and tranquillo barnetta fancy joining the project. 

Get Huntelaar in, young prospect who can take over from Shearer, what's not to love.

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Get Huntelaar in, young prospect who can take over from Shearer, what's not to love.

We moved on from monitoring Dirk Kuyt then? 

4 hours ago, Manxst said:

Talk of Bruno’s new deal increasing from his current £125kpw to around £200kpw, isn’t there? We’ll be paying that soon, if not quite this summer. 

Yes Bruno will surely be around that figure on his new contract, what I mean is I don’t expect we’ll bring in any new players that will match his wage this summer. Bruno and Isak (if he carries on at his current trajectory he will get a new contract) will be our top earners for the foreseeable imo, with the rest of the core of the squad a step below that.

I don’t feel we will take the approach of ‘let’s agree to offer player X 200k because Bruno earns it’, players like Bruno and Isak will remain outliers for us. Real elite, 200k> players won’t be coming through our doors like that yet and I’m not convinced we will ever actually adapt to the buying already established elite approach. The core of the wage structure will be linear with the rest of the squad and not the most valuable assets.. that being said if a player steps up to the level of our best players there’s no reason they won’t be rewarded.

Edited by Nine

10 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Maybe. Every Chelsea player has stunk this season.  And he was good at the World Cup. 

If he still has it and is not looking for astronomical wages. I want him. Don’t know if he does still have it. 

That's fair, I won't offer a rebuttal.