Newcastle United 2-0 Nottingham Forest (06/08/2022)

loki679

11 minutes ago, Holloway said:

I don't know what the editing team at MOTD were doing but they managed to make that game look less one sided than it was, it was evident from even the ropiest of rivers that we gave them quite a pasting 

Dominant from the first whistle till last. 

They fluffed a couple of opportunities but not to the extent motd made it seem.

I like forest but they never looked like worrying us tbh. They'll grow into this division and their new recruits will start to gel with a few more games. Good luck to them:thup:

Guest reefatoon

I think at times a defeat like that for newly promoted teams can help out. Brings them back down to earth a little and can focus them better. Remember it happening to us when Keegan first brought us up and we were full of hope and excitement, then Spurs beat us 1-0. Was the reality check we needed to knuckle down and push on. 

Edited by reefatoon

Don’t blame them too much for being optimistic, it’s incredibly exciting being back in the PL after 23 years. I do blame that fan for thinking o’brien was on par with one of the top 5 midfielders in the league, in Bruno 

They've probably been playing great football for most of last year, and then you see teams like Brentford occasionally coming up and smashing Chelsea 4-1 at Stamford Bridge [emoji38]

It's fair enough for them to be optimistic of the same kind of impact like, especially as most clearly haven't watched too much of the Premiership (I never either when we were down there), a year ago they would have probably played us off the park in this same fixture [emoji38]

Edited by Hanshithispantz

It's strange how different people see a game. Looking at their forum and the majority of them think Colback had a good game. I thought his was an echo of his time here, nothing on the ball and constantly chasing after his man and not really getting near.

I know it's only 1 game but I fear a long hard season for them.

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, madras said:

It's strange how different people see a game. Looking at their forum and the majority of them think Colback had a good game. I thought his was an echo of his time here, nothing on the ball and constantly chasing after his man and not really getting near.

He even managed an obligatory “run into the back of the player and let them fall over and win a free kick”.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

I think he was their best player, tbf. Not saying much, I know.

Actually [I think his name is] McKenna was probably their most involved in defence. But Colback stands out so much.

Edited by Happinesstan

This was a peach from the forest forum;

“(newcastle-online is)One of the most toxic and delusional forums (Sunderland's RTG forum runs them close)I've ever seen”

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/official-premier-league-matchday-thread-1-newcastle-vs-forest-6-8-22-1500h.50574/page-5

some wanksplash living in Morpeth posting over there really dislikes us as well. His Geordie wife must regularly beat him to have that chip on his shoulder. 

12 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Who does Steve Cooper look like? It's killing me 

image.thumb.png.5ef83815cb0ee3dc40b001d37ef74e42.pngimage.thumb.png.a6e6e6bb4c5a793c6dba3c53fa0dca0a.png

They had to seperate Eddie Rutherford and Steve Cooper at birth. By law. 

Edited by OCK