Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester City (21/08/2022)

Yorkie

21 minutes ago, Tisd09 said:

Regarding Stones foul in the box, whilst I agree it’s a foul I think if we concede a penalty for that we are probably going mental 🤔

Aye, we'd be going mental at Stones for giving away such a daft penalty. 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It was about as clear a penalty as you'll ever see. If that happens in the middle of the pitch Stones get's a yellow card.

:thup: Sky barely mentioned it as well :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, worthy said:

The irritating thing is that if it was outside the box you know the ref would give a freekick for it. So how is it not a pen?

It wasn't a penalty because if he'd given the penalty it would have been a penalty and this is obviously a bad decision to give against City. We'd never have heard the end of it from Pep et al

11 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Ban worthy posting this shite, who the hell enjoys this crap? :anguish:

Love the The Kick-Off personally, alot of there debates are 10x better then most of the so called "professionals", and if not, it's sure as he entertaining.

we always had this performance in us, this is why I was baulking at the 'I'd be happy with a narrow loss ' type patter on the thread leading up to the game. Momentum takes this club to higher echelons, we have it right now and a couple of astute additions and we will start causing serious aggro 

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Apparently a few Man City fans have been acting like dickheads and someone has been punched in the jaw

what a suprise Man City fans acting like dick heads. Literally the only time I have seen bother in the town lately is with these fuckers.

I watched match with my dad and said to him when it went 3-3  that city would end up winning 6-3 or something similar. Great that they didn’t, my dad is a Sunderland season ticket holder and even he admitted Newcastle played well. 

8 minutes ago, robm said:

what a suprise Man City fans acting like dick heads. Literally the only time I have seen bother in the town lately is with these fuckers.

tbh honest it was dickheads from both sides.

barrack road is becoming ridiculous for this kind of shite after the game.

Not sure if it has been said as I haven't caught up on all the comments yet but my favourite part about the performance wasn't ASM's assists or direct running, it was that for 70 minutes he grafted his nuts off. I've never seen him work so hard off the ball for the team.

It was clear from 70 minutes onwards he'd blown up a bit but I think Howe left him on because everything was going through him.

2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Not sure if it has been said as I haven't caught up on all the comments yet but my favourite part about the performance wasn't ASM's assists or direct running, it was that for 70 minutes he grafted his nuts off. I've never seen him work so hard off the ball for the team.

It was clear from 70 minutes onwards he'd blown up a bit but I think Howe left him on because everything was going through him.

Agree, and he was due to go off until Burn got injured. His best performance in some time. Get him giving away toys down the Metrocentre every week.

2 hours ago, OpenC said:

What happened to dear old Jack Grealish then? Injured or just not deemed worthy of going up against Almiron in the end?

Pep knows hat the atmosphere is like at St. James. I think he dropped him because he knew he couldn't handle it.

Best performance I've seen from us vs Man City under Guardiola. 1st half we were much the better side despite conceding early, created much the better chances, were more tenacious on and off the ball, seemed to 'want it more'. 

Would've ripped your arm off for a point before the game but after being 3-1 up it can't help but feel like 2 thrown away. We lost control of the game for 10 minutes after 3-1 and conceded 2 as a result, got back a bit of respite but couldn't get back our dominance from the 1st half. 

ASM, Trippier, Bruno and Joelinton were outstanding. That we're coming out of a draw against Man City disappointed with the result shows how far both we've and Howe has come. Referee was fucking dogshit, hope he dies the bike seat sniffing Manc loving cunt. 

Onto Tranmere and Wolves.

9 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Pep knows hat the atmosphere is like at St. James. I think he dropped him because he knew he couldn't handle it.

Can believe this. 

Pickford got a mysterious injury and missed a game at SJP recently too.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Thought the whole Trippier incident would have been completely avoided if Longstaff had just pulled back KdB.

Was fuming at him for that

Yep

I was screaming that's what you should have done longstaff you cunt

Then the ref pulled the red out 😱