Alexander Isak: Nominated for PL POTY & YPOTY

Disco

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I know you should never really miss those, but I still enjoyed watching him put it in the exact space where the defender couldn't get anywhere near it for the first goal. Trademark precision one on one.

Unlike Almiron who had the whole goal and twatted the ball off Onien's heed.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Considering he's barely looked match fit at any point this season his goals to minutes ratio must be pretty good this season

He’s a real finisher. 

I thought he looked leggy in the second half. But he’s getting there. 

He’s a top finisher. That second goal, expertly taken

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s a real finisher. 

I thought he looked leggy in the second half. But he’s getting there. 

He’s a top finisher. That second goal, expertly taken

ice cold finisher, he’s scoring the only chances he’s getting which is worth a multiple or two on just his base value. 

Yeah, with the first goal he had the confidence to hit the ball first time with his weaker foot, and it went straight into the top corner. No mistake.

I feel very confident about his penalties - I don't think he's missed one for us yet. It's very difficult to tell from his approach where he's going to put the ball. 

He took that penalty beautifully, like. Absolute carbon copy of the one at home to Bournemouth last season.

He's got a remarkable way of generating power. He takes shots in his stride but always properly slaps it.

We going back to Demba Ba for biggest goal return at this stage of the season? Lad's reliable as fuck atm. 

Edit: Ba in the PL but Gayle had 19 by this point in the Championship. 

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

Yeah, with the first goal he had the confidence to hit the ball first time with his weaker foot, and it went straight into the top corner. No mistake.

I feel very confident about his penalties - I don't think he's missed one for us yet. It's very difficult to tell from his approach where he's going to put the ball. 

Puts me in mind of his two goals against Liverpool on his debut. He's like a contract killer when he gets the goal in his sights. You can almost seem him take aim in slow motion and he uses the whole goal to evade the keeper. If that means hitting top corner rather than low, that's where he'll put it.

The ball Miggy played through for the penalty shout is exactly the sort of thing we need to do more of. This guy is absolutely unreal, could easily score 25 a season if he stays fit and has even better service.

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Loved it when he came flying in against that ballard prick. Nowt on him but ballard didn't wanna know

Aye, love the all for one and one for all attitude we have.

Showcased by Longstaff getting straight in O’Niens face when he went through Miley. Presumably asking why he wasn’t prepared to do that to Joelinton…

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Edit: Ba in the PL but Gayle had 19 by this point in the Championship. 

Given the performance of our Championshit rivals today, let’s leave it at Wor Demba.