Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

3 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Also came across these two quotes [emoji38]. Don't know which forum they're reading as I've mostly seen people on here saying it's a really good choice of club for him to go on loan to. 

Recall Garang. Won’t stand for that

30 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Pep is also able to give those youngsters game time playing alongside world class players like De Bruyne and Silva.

Wor Garang would see Chris Wood ahead of him and Jamal Lascelles behind.

Am I right in thinking Man City’s youth and reserve teams play at a higher level than ours, so their prospects will generally face a better level of opposition than ours do?

10 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Am I right in thinking Man City’s youth and reserve teams play at a higher level than ours, so their prospects will generally face a better level of opposition than ours do?

Aye, our U21s are in the second division, although I doubt there's a huge gap.

In previous years, some of the bigger clubs prefered friendlies and youth tournaments in europe instead of participation in the U21 league. Seems like that's not fashionable anymore.

31 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Also came across these two quotes [emoji38]. Don't know which forum they're reading as I've mostly seen people on here saying it's a really good choice of club for him to go on loan to. 

Haven't seen anyone on here slagging Edinburgh off, but if they're trying to mock Newcastle it's a bit of a self own considering they're largely both in exactly the same 19th century style.

14 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Aye, our U21s are in the second division, although I doubt there's a huge gap.

In previous years, some of the bigger clubs prefered friendlies and youth tournaments in europe instead of participation in the U21 league. Seems like that's not fashionable anymore.

They also play shadow UCL ties against the teams in their Group at an Under 19s level, so exposure to high quality players across the continent at an early stage.

5 hours ago, astraguy said:

:bob: going through the channels the other day a Scottish game looked like it was being played on Artificial Grass, donno what league 

Aye, Livi and Kilmarnock have it. A good few of the lower league clubs have it too. Hamilton I think and maybe Falkirk. It’s shite, but I can see why they do it when money is tight. 

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Haven't seen anyone on here slagging Edinburgh off, but if they're trying to mock Newcastle it's a bit of a self own considering they're largely both in exactly the same 19th century style.

:lol: what is actually wrong with people, man? both cities are class.

21 minutes ago, King HTT III said:

Eh, Dundee is mint [emoji38]

100%. It’s a really weird Scottish thing for other cities to slag Dundee…it’s actually class and shits on places like Perth and Aberdeen.

As for Edinburgh…admittedly lovely in parts, but once you get out of town it has some of the most depressing shitholes in Scotland. 

5 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

100%. It’s a really weird Scottish thing for other cities to slag Dundee…it’s actually class and shits on places like Perth and Aberdeen.

As for Edinburgh…admittedly lovely in parts, but once you get out of town it has some of the most depressing shitholes in Scotland. 

Some of the best whiskey I’ve ever tasted was in Dundee and I’ve have had many a great night out there due to work, stayed for 4 days once and just toured the whole place. Edinburgh is class, I’ve visited a few times for the comedy festival, but it’s overpriced and a lot of areas like you say around the town are the pits, literally. Mind, you could say that about Newcastle too. I should know I’m from fucking Scotswood/Benwell/Elswick/West End.

Edited by King HTT III

19 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Scotland is like that in my option. You can go somewhere and theirs lovely stone buildings etc, next thing you turn a corner and they have ugly grey houses with the shitty red borders around the windows and looks bleak as owt.

1 hour ago, King HTT III said:

Eh, Dundee is mint [emoji38]

Beg to differ....lived there for 3 years and it was an absolute hole full of the angriest people i've ever known. Visited a few months back and the city centre is absolutely dire....filthy with rubbish and half the shops closed and decaying. 

Admittedly the areas outside the immediate town centre and by the waterfront have massively improved with lots of new developments, but a pig in lipstick is still a pig.

Scottish football is generally shite. But who are we to complain after being beaten by a third division club 2 days ago. 

And Newcastle is a concrete carbuncle?  Must be the view of some daft cunt looking through the bottom of a buckfast bottle. 

2 hours ago, AJ9 said:

Can only agree with this. I went to a friends-of-family birthday party in a suburb of Edinburgh roughly 10 years ago and it's the bleakest, most depressing place I have ever witnessed. Like, proper Trainspotting grim.

4 hours ago, toon25 said:

Glad he's going there. I think Reading are, predictably given Paul Once is managing them, top of the stats for long balls in the Champo.

Reading is a bit too close to the bright lights and cesspit of London. 

Sending the guy to Scotland seems a sensible choice of the two. 

I just looked on Hearts forum to see if they were excited and saw this

it was the main NUFC forum not all were having a go but a good few were, one posted a picture of a wet day near greyfriars bobby and some moaned about our league being tinpot and he shouldn't go near us. There were a few that did say it would be a good move

rattled em for some reason...

11 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I just looked on Hearts forum to see if they were excited and saw this

rattled em for some reason...

It was Garang who posted the Greyfriars photo :lol: