Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Hope I’m wrong but feel like Saka will see what Man City are doing and know that Arsenal aren’t capable of it and leave. Kind of like Sterling. Only hope is that Saka is Arsenal through and through, where as Sterling came from QPR at age 16 so his connection to Liverpool wasn’t as deep. 

4 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Hope I’m wrong but feel like Saka will see what Man City are doing and know that Arsenal aren’t capable of it and leave. Kind of like Sterling. Only hope is that Saka is Arsenal through and through, where as Sterling came from QPR at age 16 so his connection to Liverpool wasn’t as deep. 

Pep-effect too though. Although that might mean playing left back. His left foot isn't as good as Mahrez but at this point he's a better player overall.

I think Saka will leave. He could run the contract down completely. Then there's the likes of Real Madrid that could come in for him.

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Just seen the Championship results from last night. Be spicy as fuck if Middlesbrough and Sunderland somehow managed to get themselves promoted. :lol:

And looking at the fixtures tonight. Some serious strength in the Europa League at this stage; the two favourites theoretically Barca and Man Utd but there's a pile of others you wouldn't rule out. Would be brilliant if someone different like Sporting or PSV were to win it. 

Which brings you onto the Europa Conference which looks like anyone's game. Whoever does win it will demonstrate what great variety that competition brings to the honours lists, in an era where only a small handful tend to win anything. Barely a European trophy between them once you've discounted Anderlecht's historic successes. 

Boro up over the Mackems would be hilarious, they see themselves as the second biggest team in the region even with the couple years in the 3rd tier.

I know the Champions League is the be all and end all and where everyone wants to be, but the Europa League is mint like. Some great potential away trips and clubs in it. We better not even dare of finishing outside the top 6. :lol:

If you don't like it you've been scarred by Pardew.

7 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Just seen the Championship results from last night. Be spicy as fuck if Middlesbrough and Sunderland somehow managed to get themselves promoted. :lol:

And looking at the fixtures tonight. Some serious strength in the Europa League at this stage; the two favourites theoretically Barca and Man Utd but there's a pile of others you wouldn't rule out. Would be brilliant if someone different like Sporting or PSV were to win it. 

Which brings you onto the Europa Conference which looks like anyone's game. Whoever does win it will demonstrate what great variety that competition brings to the honours lists, in an era where only a small handful tend to win anything. Barely a European trophy between them once you've discounted Anderlecht's historic successes. 

I do love the Europa League teams coming over to SJP and taking over the town

Specifically the Dutch and Belgium teams (Brugge, Heerenveen, NAC Breda) just providing a wall of noise throughout the day in and outside the ground. Can't wait for those days to hopefully return.

Desperate for us to get into the Champions League obvs but Europa League has so many more interesting fun teams