The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Top of bar = max points

Top of solid area of bar = current points

Badge at top of bar = team in question

Badges within the bar = teams challenging for europe the team in question has yet to play

Black lines in the shaded section = games remaining [we have 5, Brighton have 7]

Black dotted line = guarenteed CL

MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_.jpg

7 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Just stuck £20 on Liverpool to finish top 4 (11/2 Paddy Power) based on nothing more than this place giving me the fear!

Just put £20 on Liverpool winning tomorrow and then putting winnings on each game until they fail to win one or they win 5. Work out roughly 5 or 6 to 1.

Then you have the back up of us qualifying still.

10 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

Just put £20 on Liverpool winning tomorrow and then putting winnings on each game until they fail to win one or they win 5. Work out roughly 5 or 6 to 1.

Then you have the back up of us qualifying still.

I've got a £20 double on them to beat Fulham and Brentford. Didn't even pay even money. Think it was 0.81/1 pr something like that!

2 hours ago, Jack27 said:

image.thumb.png.3955a38a777c269d8a9a191aadf6a5df.pngthis is better

We haven't reached the line for EL or ECL on that but haven't we already qualified for the ECL at least? We can't finish lower than 7th which is a ECL spot because of the FA Cup final. 

5 minutes ago, Decky said:

We haven't reached the line for EL or ECL on that but haven't we already qualified for the ECL at least? We can't finish lower than 7th which is a ECL spot because of the FA Cup final. 

Is it due to the possibility of West Ham winning the EC, which then qualifies them for the EL - would that in turn remove an EL spot from the league and move the ECL spot up to 6th? Or does an English club winning the ECL (whilst not qualifying for Europe through the league) add another spot to the PL for European Competitions, meaning eight teams qualify for Europe?

Edited by Kaizero

1 minute ago, Kaizero said:

West Ham winning the ECL would qualify them for the EL, which in turn removes the EC spot from the league and moves the ECL spot up to 6th? Or does winning the ECL add another spot to the PL for European Competitions?

Not sure but I'd imagine West Ham would just go into Europe with the top 7. We actually can't finish lower than 6th because Villa play Spurs too. 

5 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

I'm gonna be in bits if we're ever going for the title or later rounds of CL. Genuinely find being good ridiculously stressful. Keep re-checking fixtures, odds, percentages, weighing up permutations. We're better than I can ever remember us being and yet I stress watch through games with my heart pounding along. 

I think making the CL is a particularly huge deal for me this season because I think it's a way to skip forward so much of FFP restrictions. It can supercharge our progress. I think EL or ECL could actually hinder us - getting a load more games but without the additional revenue or pulling power. 

Its exhausting :lol: 

5 hours ago, Kaizero said:

Is it due to the possibility of West Ham winning the EC, which then qualifies them for the EL - would that in turn remove an EL spot from the league and move the ECL spot up to 6th? Or does an English club winning the ECL (whilst not qualifying for Europe through the league) add another spot to the PL for European Competitions, meaning eight teams qualify for Europe?

If West Ham get in it’s as an 8th team so doesn’t effect anything else.

We have top 7 assured as both Villa and Spurs can’t catch us only one can 

9 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

I've got a £20 double on them to beat Fulham and Brentford. Didn't even pay even money. Think it was 0.81/1 pr something like that!

Why put a double on? They're on different days. You can get 2/7 Fulham, 1/2 Brentford, 8/13 Leicester, I'd guess 4/7 Villa, 1/3 Southampton. That's 11/2.

It's possible that bet comes in and we still make CL.

Leeds problem is their defenders are shit and their keeper, despite being a good shot-stopper, is error prone. They also have zero cover in midfield. If Allardyce succeeds in moulding that shower of shite into a solid defensive unit he will deserve a huge amount of credit. Fuck knows where the goals will come from though - Bamford is a 1 in 5/6 striker and they create about 3 shit chances per game.

Some world class disaster scenarios being laid out on this forum lately. I think it must be PTSD from previous years gone by, because the evidence points in another direction.

We don't really need to even look at what other teams can do. It's very much in our own hands. We'll give everyone a good game right now. Arsenal won't be looking forward to Sunday. I can see us batter Leeds next week. Then we have Brighton at home which will be a tough game admittedly, but see Arsenal. It can be done and dusted after Brighton no matter what Liverpool and Brighton do in other games, and after that we have Leicester who has had a poor season and then Chelsea in free fall.

I'm relishing our games now. We are brilliant most of the time, and we have proven several times lately that even if we concede first, we overwhelm teams and batter them into submission.

Look what happened in the last three games, so really there is no reason to be nervous. Now, if it comes down to the final game vs Chelsea it will be a different story, but I'm confident we secure top 4 before that.

34 minutes ago, Norseman said:

Some world class disaster scenarios being laid out on this forum lately. I think it must be PTSD from previous years gone by, because the evidence points in another direction.

We don't really need to even look at what other teams can do. It's very much in our own hands. We'll give everyone a good game right now. Arsenal won't be looking forward to Sunday. I can see us batter Leeds next week. Then we have Brighton at home which will be a tough game admittedly, but see Arsenal. It can be done and dusted after Brighton no matter what Liverpool and Brighton do in other games, and after that we have Leicester who has had a poor season and then Chelsea in free fall.

I'm relishing our games now. We are brilliant most of the time, and we have proven several times lately that even if we concede first, we overwhelm teams and batter them into submission.

Look what happened in the last three games, so really there is no reason to be nervous. Now, if it comes down to the final game vs Chelsea it will be a different story, but I'm confident we secure top 4 before that.

It's our fannyybase - some damaged goods 

Edited by Holloway

Just now, Kanji said:

Imagine if Fulham get a win tonight. 

Ideal scenario is:

Fulham beat Liverpool this evening.

Man United beat Brighton tomorrow.

Brentford get altleast a point against Liverpool on Saturday.

We beat Arsenal on Sunday.

Brighton drop points against Everton on Monday.

That happens, we're guaranteed Champions League Football next season.