NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Clubs in leagues that can't compete with premier league trying to do so by scouting younger and scouting better to bring in future talent they can then sell back to the premier league for massive profits so they can be at all competitive with them when it comes to european competition is the answer :/

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I absolutely hate booing - under any circumstances.  It’s utter shite - twee nonsense.  Pantomime stuff. 

I love booing, catcalling, all that stuff as soon as the opposition get the ball. Never seen the point in doing it to your own.

Burn, Targett, Gordon, Miggy & Murphy

Can see Tonali getting flack if he doesn't quickly replicate his world class performance against Rangers, a testimonial game for Alan McGregor the second week of preseason.

Edited by TBG

25 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Clubs in leagues that can't compete with premier league trying to do so by scouting younger and scouting better to bring in future talent they can then sell back to the premier league for massive profits so they can be at all competitive with them when it comes to european competition is the answer :/

Made more infuriating when you know we could compete with the best if we were allowed to spend our money, but obviously we can't because the game has been rigged to protect those already at the top.

43 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Brexit is probably more of a factor. English clubs can't hoover up Irish youth like they used to, so they go somewhere else.

29 minutes ago, Coco said:

Brexit is probably more of a factor. English clubs can't hoover up Irish youth like they used to, so they go somewhere else.

ROI comes under the Common Travel Area and people from ROI can work in the UK as they always have.

24 minutes ago, Coco said:

Pretty sure that doesn't apply to under 18s, but I could be wrong. 

Found this...

https://theathletic.com/3093862/2022/01/27/brexit-may-deny-irish-youngsters-a-clear-path-to-english-football-but-they-have-new-options/

Here’s some stuff about the CTA, the normal brexit rules dont apply. Mind not sure about football etc and recruitment of under 18’s

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/common-travel-area-guidance

Edited by FloydianMag

16 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Here’s some stuff about the CTA, the normal brexit rules dont apply. Mind not sure about football etc and recruitment of under 18’s

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/common-travel-area-guidance

I appreciate the gesture, but I'm Irish and have dual nationality so I'm already well versed. Like I said, I'm pretty sure it doesn't apply to u-18. The athletic article summed it up quite well.

Wow Beth. Wow. Just coming in here thinking you're an elite level scout able to judge ability on haircuts like that. It took me years of shitposting to achieve my qualification. Years. 

We know FFP is holding us back. So I don’t understand the constant links to the established PL players and English youngsters. They all come with premiums.

I like Anderson but he was available 2 years ago for 7m.  It would take about £40m to get him from Palace. We can’t do better for £40m abroad?

23 minutes ago, OCK said:

Wow Beth. Wow. Just coming in here thinking you're an elite level scout able to judge ability on haircuts like that. It took me years of shitposting to achieve my qualification. Years. 

:lol: 

You'll never have the natural @Beth flow of shitposting, mate. Succumb to it. 

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We know FFP is holding us back. So I don’t understand the constant links to the established PL players and English youngsters. They all come with premiums.

I like Anderson but he was available 2 years ago for 7m.  It would take about £40m to get him from Palace. We can’t do better for £40m abroad?

For the same reason we kept getting linked with expensive players under Ashley mate, it's pure bullshit. And now we're back at the top end, the bullshit means more clicks than ever. Our name will be chucked into all sorts of nonsense transfer wise.

Edited by Bimpy474

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

For the same reason we kept getting linked with expensive players under Ashley mate, it's pure bullshit. And now we're back at the top end, the bullshit means more clicks than ever. Our name will be chuck into all sorts of nonsense transfer wise.

Hes meaning Harvey Barnes and Anthony gordon mind

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Solet’s our guy. Made the mistake of watching a snide YT highlight reel and he’s basically the next VDV

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

:lol: 

You'll never have the natural @Beth flow of shitposting, mate. Succumb to it. 

Some people are born with the amazing ability, some have to work every day to achieve it. I won't stop to achieve greatness, even if it isn't in my genes.