Borussia Dortmund vs. Newcastle United: 7/11/23 @ 17:45 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, TBG said:

For those attending, what day you getting there?

I appreciate some might be coming over tomorrow, and there's several ways of getting here, but didn't see a single other fan on my flight, and I'm currently on my own at the Navigli Canal. 

An excellent addition to the TBG repertoire this one 

8 minutes ago, TBG said:

I appreciate some might be coming over tomorrow, and there's several ways of getting here, but didn't see a single other fan on my flight, and I'm currently on my own at the Navigli Canal. 

Ha ha - LOVE it.

Milan !!!!

As a couple have mentioned, would be very tempted to start Gordon central with Joelinton on the left and Miggy out right. Longstaff, Bruno and Willock in midfield.

Feels like if Wilson starts we don't really have great options to change it up off the bench.

1 hour ago, TBG said:

This is art.

Just noticed that as well as Manquillo and Ritchie we didn't include Krafth or Gillespie in the CL squad.

This because we had to name Livramento and Hall in the A list (as we signed them rather than academy players) while in the PL we can include them as U21 so don't count towards the 25.

I thought they fully deserved their halftime lead at SJP but were lucky to hang on to win the match. They sat on the lead and let us hit the bar twice on top of the Wilson chance.

fwiw, the weather forecast I saw for tomorrow in Dortmund said dry. I think that'll suit us better than the rain in the home fixture.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Sick as fuck am not going over for this like

On another note must have seen about 20 auf wiedershen related flags [emoji38]

Imagine drinking for like 20hrs and trying to explain to some Eric how hilarious it is.

(Getting Metz flashbacks now.........:weep:)

Mentioned it in the Joelinton thread but forgot how good defensively having big Joe in one of those wide positions can be. 

If Willock is fit to start, i'd be tempted to go with something like this. 

-----------------Pope-------------------

Tino-----Lascelles-----Schar------Trippier

-------------------Bruno-----------------

---------Longstaff------Willock----------

Almiron/Gordon------------------Joelinton

----------------Wilson/Gordon----------

Gives us atleast one fresh player to bring on 2nd half in Wilson, Gordon or Almiron.

Then Joelinton can do his rotation with Willock that we know works so well and would make us defensively sound but also a threat on the counter. 

Apologize for being negative, but I'm more or less ready to throw the Champions League at this point.

We're very unlikely to progress anyway with two out of three remaining games being away and it's getting to the point where we can barely field an XI.

Cant see anything beyond a draw at max, which will do mind - keeps the dream alive and Europa in hand. Though woudln't be surprised if this group of players and staff could pull something out of the hat.

Just wish we could give a fair account of ourselves with only the sort of injuries you'd reasonably expect and not a full blown crisis.

I've been back and forth and I reckon this is the way to go:

Pope

Trippier  Lascelles  Schar  Tino

Bruno

Longstaff       Willock

Miggy                             Joelinton 

Gordon

I think IF Livramento works at left back, it could actually be an upgrade on Burn. I don't like the idea of moving Trippier from right back for any length of time. He's pretty much been player of the season in that position.

I'd also give Wilson a rest from starting this. The team above is a solid base. We can bring Wilson on to nick the game in the second half. It also keeps Wilson fresher for Bournemouth.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I've been back and forth and I reckon this is the way to go:

Pope

Trippier  Lascelles  Schar  Tino

Bruno

Longstaff       Willock

Miggy                             Joelinton 

Gordon

I think IF Livramento works at left back, it could actually be an upgrade on Burn. I don't like the idea of moving Trippier from right back for any length of time. He's pretty much been player of the season in that position.

I'd also give Wilson a rest from starting this. The team above is a solid base. We can bring Wilson on to nick the game in the second half. It also keeps Wilson fresher for Bournemouth.

Gives Gordon a little less running to do up top as well, he’s looked knackered the last couple of games.