Steve McClaren

Dave

"We recognise supporters' strong desire to win a trophy, an ambition which the club now shares as Mike Ashley made clear in his comments on the last day of the season. Steve is excited by this and he has our full support in trying to achieve this goal"

"We recognise supporters' strong desire to win a trophy, an ambition which the club now shares as Mike Ashley made clear in his comments on the last day of the season. Steve is excited by this and he has our full support in trying to achieve this goal"

:lol:

:lol:

Only took them 8 years to figure out that we actually wants to compete.

It's a nice feeling having a manager that I don't absolutely detest.  Steve seems like a 'good guy' in all interviews I've seen him in.  Was impressed with his sky sports interview.  Might all change come the start of the season and we've bought nobody and he starts bullshitting in interviews.  Saying that though he can hardly come out and have a pop at the board for any decisions now that he's on the board himself!

Wonder if we'll bring in a director of football. Seems the only way that someone will have the power of firing McClaren if needed.

Quite upbeat about all this tbh,Ashley is still an arsehole ofc but it's good to see changes are being made and we have people on the board with experience in the game.

Wonder if we'll bring in a director of football. Seems the only way that someone will have the power of firing McClaren if needed.

Quite upbeat about all this tbh,Ashley is still an arsehole ofc but it's good to see changes are being made and we have people on the board with experience in the game.

I pretty much view Carr as DoF in all but title.

Think BigMac is as good as we can get under this regime. I don't really dislike him to be honest but just thinking about how much we are going to despise him in six months to a year.  :lol: This club man.

Any news on the rouge-faced one's backroom staff?

@MsiDouglas: As reported in @EveningChron on Monday, Steve Black will join backroom staff. Paul Simpson expected to join him too.