Steve McClaren

Dave

Guest Roger Kint

Will he even get his backroom staff?

That article suggests he will keep the rubbish here and will only replace them if they dont want to stay :anguish:

Will he even get his backroom staff?

That article suggests he will keep the rubbish here and will only replace them if they dont want to stay :anguish:

Literally just another Pardew. Equally as gutless. I would have respected him if he decided to join us before West Ham on the ultimatum he bring in his staff. Or, if he had turned it down again.

Nothing has changed.

I'm a little bit surprised McClaren is so willing to take our s*** coaching staff TBH. I know he'll want a PL job but he also doesn't want to ruin his career by failing here. 

His career is already ruined man. What other Premier League aiming for top of the table would even consider having him? :lol:

I'm a little bit surprised McClaren is so willing to take our s*** coaching staff TBH. I know he'll want a PL job but he also doesn't want to ruin his career by failing here. 

His career is already ruined man. What other Premier League aiming for top of the table would even consider having him? :lol:

Not a top club, but he could work for someone like West Ham.

I'm a little bit surprised McClaren is so willing to take our shit coaching staff TBH. I know he'll want a PL job but he also doesn't want to ruin his career by failing here. 

That would obviously contingent on anyone being offered the job. There's no way we'd pay the feckless ballsacks off.

Whats' failing? Relegation battles. IN the media and a lot of the fans, a season like Swansea's would have people falling over him for praise. Even a West Ham season wouldn't be a failure.

For me - any season we don't make run for Europe or get to Wembley is a failure for NUFC. But Ashley means a Swansea season is the best we could get. Get him out.

I'm a little bit surprised McClaren is so willing to take our shit coaching staff TBH. I know he'll want a PL job but he also doesn't want to ruin his career by failing here.

He only has to finish above three of Bournemouth/Norwich/Watford/Villa/mackems/WBA and he'll be revered as an outstanding success. The last bloke ignited a dead career despite being utterly shit and that's what McClaren wants too. He'll do whatever Ashley tells him to for that.

Already posted but Ryder at his best:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-chance-starting-new-9387107

'However, it is believed the Geordie coach is naturally disappointed he was not offered the chance to continue as head coach'

:lol: Naturally disappointed that 4 points in 30 wasnt enough

The constant references to Geordie this and that is embarrassing.  It just promotes the belief that we are very insular and resent all outsiders.  Ryder is hugely culpable for that.

Guest Roger Kint

West Ham and Sunderland are currently looking and are totally ignoring him. In the past year or so Palace(twice), WBA, Villa, Swansea etc all changed managers without ever considering him. Thats quite telling for all the wonderful reviews we get from Debry fans.

Guest Roger Kint

He only has to finish above three of Bournemouth/Norwich/Watford/Villa/mackems/WBA and he'll be revered as an outstanding success. The last bloke ignited a dead career despite being utterly shit and that's what McClaren wants too. He'll do whatever Ashley tells him to for that.

:thup:

West Ham and Sunderland are currently looking and are totally ignoring him. In the past year or so Palace(twice), WBA, Villa, Swansea etc all changed managers without ever considering him. Thats quite telling for all the wonderful reviews we get from Debry fans.

Exactly.

Exactly.

Managing a "successful" Championship club does not mean you can manage a Premier League club.

I just can't see us achieving the glory of a top 10 finish when every other club is being more ambitious with their managerial appointments and player recruitment.

Guest Roger Kint

All fair points, I guess I still don't fully understand how keeping Newcastle up is sufficient for anyone but Mike Ashley.

Ashley has done wonders battering down fans expectations to the point they still accept average managers, there will be a few pennys dropped when September comes and we have grossly fucked up the window too. Baffles me how fans can still put money into this club under these conditions, if enough had of quit they would at least have been forced to try harder. The blokes only had to speak for 1 minute on TV and many have fallen for it again.

Guest Roger Kint

Exactly.

Managing a "successful" Championship club does not mean you can manage a Premier League club.

I just can't see us achieving the glory of a top 10 finish when every other club is being more ambitious with their managerial appointments and player recruitment.

Thats another important point. While our 'rivals' are spending big we will be flicking through the football equivelent of Autotrader searching for bargains. Ironically while ignoring the number of free transfers we have already missed out on :lol:

Just improving our squad isnt enough while every single team does the same, bare minimum from MA/LC wont cut it now.

All fair points, I guess I still don't fully understand how keeping Newcastle up is sufficient for anyone but Mike Ashley.

Ashley has done wonders battering down fans expectations to the point they still accept average managers, there will be a few pennys dropped when September comes and we have grossly fucked up the window too. Baffles me how fans can still put money into this club under these conditions, if enough had of quit they would at least have been forced to try harder. The blokes only had to speak for 1 minute on TV and many have fallen for it again.

Yeah, but I also mean even pundits and commentators etc. The way they all think Pardew did a great job etc is just baffling.

Could kind of accept McClaren if he brought in his own staff. However, McClaren with Carver, Woodman and Stone. Eurgh. This is the second worst case scenario, obviously Carver full time was worst.

Surely the three musketeers can't be on that much? The money we saved not paying compensation for McClaren should be used to terminate their poxy 8 year deals.

I think he's got to bring at least a couple of key men with him. possibly demote the three stooges to some minor role. I'm pretty sure we've slashed our coaching staff considerably down the years so there should be plenty of room for a couple more.

Guest antz1uk

Pardew Mark II then eh?

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/13310602.McClaren_s_appointment_set_to_hurt_Newcastle_s_hopes_of_a_Bamford_deal/

NEWCASTLE’S impending appointment of Steve McClaren is set to scupper the club’s hopes of signing Chelsea starlet Patrick Bamford.

McClaren is expected to be formally confirmed as Newcastle’s new head coach at the start of next week after a series of discussions with sporting director Lee Charnley resulted in a verbal agreement over the role.

The former Middlesbrough and England boss has received staunch support from chief scout Graham Carr, whose strong endorsement of his qualities persuaded Charnley and Mike Ashley to first approach McClaren to take over from Alan Pardew in January.

Once McClaren is confirmed in his post, the remaining members of Newcastle’s recruitment team will seek his input into transfer discussions before pressing ahead with their plans to remodel the Magpies squad this summer.

A new attacking line-up is regarded as a priority, with Bamford having been identified as a leading target if, as expected, Chelsea opt to send him on loan to a Premier League club.

The England Under-21 international, who has been forced to pull out of this summer’s European Championships in the Czech Republic because of injury, scored 17 Championship goals for Middlesbrough last term, but is unlikely to return to the Riverside.

Newcastle had hoped to lure him to Tyneside with a view to a permanent transfer in 12 months time, but McClaren’s appointment would make their task considerably more difficult as Bamford became disillusioned with the 54-year-old when the pair worked together at Derby County.

Bamford spent the second half of the 2013-14 season playing under McClaren at the Ipro Stadium, and while he scored eight goals during his time with the Rams, he was frustrated at regularly appearing in a wide midfield position rather than as a central striker.

Despite urging McClaren to play him up front, his pleas fell on deaf ears, and after he scored the winner in Boro’s 1-0 victory at the Ipro Stadium last season, it was telling that he pointedly said, “That’s what happens when you play me in the right position”.

McClaren tried to re-sign Bamford ahead of the start of last season, but the memories of his previous spell with the then Rams boss resulted in him turning down the offer in order to join Middlesbrough instead.