Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

United went down to ten men for the last three minutes when Xisco departed with all three subs having been used.

From .com

Maybe he was just knackered?

Hopefully.

Or Kinnear could have turned up and was so disgusted he was on the pitch, he ordered that he was taken off. :kinnear:

would love to see him become a 1st team regular banging 20+ a season :coolsmiley:

if or when owen and viduka leaves in the summer we still have a few forwards:

Løvenkrands (if he stays longer)

Martins

carroll

Ameobi

(smith)

Xisco

ranger

he played ok tonight, started slowly but got better as the game went on,  lovely cool finish under the keeper for his first,  2nd goal took a touch from Godsmarks cross and smashed it in from about 8 yards,  could and should have got at least 2 more and went off injured near the end.  Got a nasty tackle halfway thru the half, played on but went down again near the end after been tackled with another knock on his ankle,  limped back on played for a few mins then went off and down the tunnel.  Only aabout 5 mins left at that stage so probably a precaution.

Why does the Chronicles match report imitate bad American Soccer commentary in places?  I'm missing something here  ???

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/09/xisco-s-goal-rush-extinguished-by-injury-72703-22890875/

"a good flag kick delivery" FFS. 

nowt wrong with that imo. the expression is used sometimes in live commentary

.com's report sounds promising. Really hope he gets his chance soon. At Premiership level, it's about confidence more than anything half the time - look at the difference in Jo on Saturday after that lovely opener.

Comparisons to Luque's treatment by Roeder are meaningless, Luque allegedly had an attitude problem but from what I've seen of Xisco he works bloody hard as a centre forward. Whether he's good enough we won't find out until he's given a run in the side, if Joe is prevented from continuing as manager we might find out. The problem for Xisco is that the likes of Smith and Viduka are returning to fitness and will get picked ahead of him.

Comparisons to Luque's treatment by Roeder are meaningless, Luque allegedly had an attitude problem but from what I've seen of Xisco he works bloody hard as a centre forward. Whether he's good enough we won't find out until he's given a run in the side, if Joe is prevented from continuing as manager we might find out. The problem for Xisco is that the likes of Smith and Viduka are returning to fitness and will get picked ahead of him.

You can add Lovenkrands to the list of who gets picked before Xisco as well.

I'm sure the reason they're being picked ahead of him is because his English isn't good enough & Kinnear can't communicate his (lack of) ideas to Xisco whereas the players you mention - Smith & Viduka - are both native English speakers.

With a different manager who has a clue how to communicate that doesn't simply involve shouting louder until he understands we'd probably see Xisco a lot more than Smith, Viduka, Ameobi or Carroll.

I'm sure the reason they're being picked ahead of him is because his English isn't good enough & Kinnear can't communicate his (lack of) ideas to Xisco whereas the players you mention - Smith & Viduka - are both native English speakers.

With a different manager who has a clue how to communicate that doesn't simply involve shouting louder until he understands we'd probably see Xisco a lot more than Smith, Viduka, Ameobi or Carroll.

I agree on the other 3 but thinking about starting him instead of a fit (I know, I know) Viduka is fucking ludicrous imo. If he is any good he'll get a chance in the future - for this season we need our best players whenever possible.

Why does the Chronicles match report imitate bad American Soccer commentary in places?  I'm missing something here  ???

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/09/xisco-s-goal-rush-extinguished-by-injury-72703-22890875/

"a good flag kick delivery" FFS. 

nowt wrong with that imo. the expression is used sometimes in live commentary

Not in this country it isn't.