Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest bimpy474

He's acted very professionally since Debuchy came in, well except that getting duffed up nonsense but overall he reacted superbly.

It's a shame he's going really.  I wouldn't mind so much if we had a talented young right back coming through but we don't really seem to.

Tavernier?

I'll be stunned if Tavernier makes. He's 21 (22 in October), his only consistent games have been in League 1 and he's looked ropey whenever he's played for our first team (If I remember correctly that Epstein lad from Atromitos ripped him to bits for about 20 mins in that game).

Disapointing that we aren't offering him a new contract as i think he's a decent defender who holds his position and defends, and doesn't try anything fancy.

He's not a right winger or a midfield player so i don't understand why people expect him to be. He's an honest pro and as a defender only i don't really see Debuchy as being a big upgrade.

I think modern fullbacks are increasingly expected to contribute in the final third, given how tightly the play gets squeezed in other positions. In the current climate they are usually the biggest outlets, even for the best teams.

Simpson embodies the type of player we should be looking to improve on.

He's done very well defensively since that awful game at Arsenal. Deserves a lot of credit.

He has. Sadly, it's too little too late and doesn't excuse the multitude of garbage performances up until that point. Will be glad when he leaves; time for Tavernier to step up to second choice.

He'll get picked up by a promoted side IMO.

Shame if we can't convince him to stay as a squad member, he has been solid this season when called upon, just isn't up to being a regular starter. He'd make a good acquisition to most sides in the premiership.

Will he now start on Sunday so we (you) can say goodbye? Would everyone actually cheer him off? Anyone who helped drag us out of the championship deserves it in my opinion.

Aye he deserves a good send off. Never really had a problem with him as a person and he usually tries his best. Unfortunately he's very limited as a footballer and comes across a bit dense.

Wasn't really brain science that he would play better when he had true competition at right back. A winding down contract wouldnt have hurt either. That said the clubs reluctance to offer anything easily could have caused the opposite reaction, he deserves credit for being professional. I am happy to have him stay in the squad.

We saw the same in the past with our fullbacks if they don't have competition they get complacent.

It's a shame he's going really.  I wouldn't mind so much if we had a talented young right back coming through but we don't really seem to.

We should have got Clyne last summer. idiotic.

We went in for him, he rejected us as he wanted more game time.

Nah, f*** this 'Sad to see him go' 'Thanks for the effort Danny'

I'd be more willing if he weren't such a cock. He doesnt care about anyone but Danny Simpson. The fact that he's tweeting photos of his empty locker at NUFC etc just goes to show what a self-interested c*** he is.

Good riddance.

Disapointing that we aren't offering him a new contract as i think he's a decent defender who holds his position and defends, and doesn't try anything fancy.

He's not a right winger or a midfield player so i don't understand why people expect him to be. He's an honest pro and as a defender only i don't really see Debuchy as being a big upgrade.

We offered him one.