Stoke City 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 31/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 52

Dave

For fuck sake Interpolic I can see his post when you quote him :angry:

Which is why the ignore function is completely useless :okay:

Its broken-ish like, it would work perfectly if every single person on the forum used it though :lol:

Every player had confidence in the game-plan and in one another, and knew exactly what they were supposed to be doing. In the end, an easy win at a place where winning isn't supposed to be easy at all. Well done AP.

Krul was under a lot of pressure and struggled on occasion, but stayed relaxed and positive. He kept coming for the ball and that late piece of thuggery from Huth was a kind of compliment to how much he'd frustrated them.

Another team that was supposed to find us out has failed. Yes, there are even bigger tests to come, but I'm really confident now that we'll continue to pick up points.

Guest Heneage

Stoke spent so much money over the summer on f***ing s****. They haven't progressed at all. THey're still playing Championship cloggers and players out of position all over the place despite so much investment. It's pathetic.

Nice to see some of their fans are actually noticing that now on their forum, too.

14m on Jerome and Crouch means that Whelan and Delap are their first choice central midfield.

Guthrie was the biggest plus point, need him to step up soon. Honestly think Tiote being out might have been a blessing in disguise as with Guthrie & Cabaye we were able to keep the ball quite well which was needed against opponents like that. Nice to see that even with Tiote out we were still being aggressive with regards to pressing high up the pitch and trying to win it back before they could launch it too.

Whilst I'm content to disagree with some people, and get on better with others etc, I don't imagine I'd hang around if I was under the impression that absolutely everyone thought I was a gormless gob shite with absolutely zero credibility. It just doesn't seem all that fun. Each to their own I guess :undecided:

Whilst I'm content to disagree with some people, and get on better with others etc, I don't imagine I'd hang around if I was under the impression that absolutely everyone thought I was a gormless gob s**** with absolutely zero credibility. It just doesn't seem all that fun. Each to their own I guess :undecided:

Spot on. :lol:

I love how many in the press had previously lumped this game into the "truer test of Newcastle's ambitions" matches, but now that we've won it convincingly, it's suddenly just the next four that fit in that category.

I love how many in the press had previously lumped this game into the "truer test of Newcastle's ambitions" matches, but now that we've won it convincingly, it's suddenly just the next four that fit in that category.

13 Delap throw-ins    :lol:

Really PROUD of the lads tonight. Never seen a Newcastle side this focused and organized  :thup:

4500 long throws, long balls, corners and free kicks in a hostile atmosphere with some thuggery thrown in....... Still their only goal was a penalty ....

Incredible performance!!!!

Even their penalty was fucking anti-football, just blast it as hard as you can down the middle. :lol:

Anyway, not much to say that hasn't already been said tbh.

Colo, Ba, Jonas and Guthrie were the pick of the bunch, but not a single poor performance from anyone really. Cabaye may have been our worst player on the night, amazingly enough. :lol:

Brilliantly done, great time to be a Newcastle fan. :)

I have to admit to not watching a lot of Stoke but I thought they were very poor last night. That isn't a prelude to underplaying the result but were they shitter than normal? Obviously we take some credit if so but from the first few minutes on I was unimpressed with their passing, for a team with a reputation for being direct, they knocked countless balls over the top to no one in particular or for goal kicks.

I have to admit to not watching a lot of Stoke but I thought they were very poor last night. That isn't a prelude to underplaying the result but were they shitter than normal? Obviously we take some credit if so but from the first few minutes on I was unimpressed with their passing, for a team with a reputation for being direct, they knocked countless balls over the top to no one in particular or for goal kicks.

our team ethic, work rate, closing down, is making opponents look poor imo. thats to our credit- not thier failings.

dannysimpson12 Danny Simpson

Haha RT @ToonJamiee: @dannysimpson12 ive circulated this picture around some Stoke forums. They were not impressed haha tinyurl.com/5t8rxus

That's gold :lol:

That photo  :spit: