The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Mourinho will be there for 2-3 seasons like everywhere else. He'll win them a cup, possibly a title. After that though they will be back to square one. He'll not build a team for the future and you can garuantee that some of the youngsters who have made a break through will be back on the bench and eventually sold. After that Man Utd will be running out of options. I reckon their best bet after that will be Simone, then the cycle will repeat itself.

I love how everyone likes to talk about the Man Utd way, then they go and appoint Jose :lol:

There's never even been a Man United way imo. Certainly not in the way that there was with Liverpool or there is with Barcelona or even Arsenal. Man United have never really had a fixed identity in the time that I've been watching them. They've changed a fair few times and the only really reoccurring theme has been that they've been very successful.

Part of the reason why Ferguson was so consistently successful was that he never had any sort of stubbornness about the way his team played, they played only in the way he thought was necessary for success at any given moment.

I thought all his teams were pretty consistent, other than in Europe they tended to have a lot of forward runners and movement and played at a high tempo. Only under him like, it was more of a Ferguson way than Man U.

Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright on BBC Radio 5 live: "If you get the chance to go to Man Utd with Jose Mourinho having a point to prove, it is going to be exciting times.

"I'm sure there are going to be Man Utd fans who are not going to be happy with it but if he starts how I believe he will - to make a point, play good football and get those young players and new signings he will probably make going - they're going to be very excited about that."

:dowie:

Disappointing that Man Utd don't have enough respect to let LVG have his day, also it's worth noting that they arn't having an open top bus parade.

Holding off for a week so the fans could have a parade and LVG could leave with a little bit of respect would have been the right thing to do.

I love how everyone likes to talk about the Man Utd way, then they go and appoint Jose [emoji38]

There's never even been a Man United way imo. Certainly not in the way that there was with Liverpool or there is with Barcelona or even Arsenal. Man United have never really had a fixed identity in the time that I've been watching them. They've changed a fair few times and the only really reoccurring theme has been that they've been very successful.

:thup:

The league needs Jose.

Does it fuck.

You need Jose, Disco. You just haven't realised yet.

He's a an even more tedious bellend than I am.

It's pretty fucking close, but you're right.

He'll bring success to them within 2 seasons, within 4 seasons he will be gone.  The amount of money that Man Utd will have to spend over the next 10 seasons to remain competitive has just gone up imo.

I think he will be there long term. Where else would he go? Won't be another English club,won't go back to Spain or Italy.

Only step he takes after Man Utd is International football I would think.

Mourinho will be there for 2-3 seasons like everywhere else. He'll win them a cup, possibly a title. After that though they will be back to square one. He'll not build a team for the future and you can garuantee that some of the youngsters who have made a break through will be back on the bench and eventually sold. After that Man Utd will be running out of options. I reckon their best bet after that will be Simone, then the cycle will repeat itself.

But that's the same everywhere.  They're not going to find another Ferguson. 

Other than Wenger (who should have gone years ago), only two managers in the Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga and La Liga have been at their jobs for over four years (Simeone and the guy at Torino).

An upgrade on Van Gaal but same sort of ethos/style. If the fans don't like the ways things are now, no amount of funny press conferences will appease them.

If he fails here, I can't see him getting his career back on track anywhere else. He likes clubs with endless funds, but he's pretty much been at them all already so this is really make or break now.

ugh it was too much to hope that Mourinhio would vanish into a bottomless pit, back to fawning of him by the press and good fucking god more "Guardiola vs Mourinhio" bullshit. If some force could just remove both manchester united and city so everyone else doesn't have to put up with that bullshit that would be fantastic

Christ, tedious is the word. Don't want him back in the Premier League. His football is barely better than Van Gaal's, but at least Van Gaal was interesting away from the pitch. He was a bit of a nutter and it was amusing. With Jose you don't only suffer Jose, you suffer the Jose fanfare, fawning and dull bouts controversy. Was absolutely sick of him by the time he last left Chelsea.

Christ, tedious is the word. Don't want him back in the Premier League. His football is barely better than Van Gaal's, but at least Van Gaal was interesting away from the pitch. He was a bit of a nutter and it was amusing. With Jose you don't only suffer Jose, you suffer the Jose fanfare, fawning and dull bouts controversy. Was absolutely sick of him by the time he last left Chelsea.

Coming out with this in a post match was peak van gaal. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZC5UNxmu3E

The timing and the way the info has leaked from Mourinho's camp is very fitting. Only just back on the scene and already classless and tedious.

The way things went tits up at Chelsea really seemed to indicate that he had lost his touch. His bullshit levels were also at an all time high, making him more insufferable than ever. He doesn't fit with ManU anyway, just being shoe horned into the role in the hope that he can provide a quick fix back to a Premier League title. Would be very surprised if he did it again.

Mourinho has a big challenge on his hands. The fans are rightly sick of shite football and the squad looks awful. Not sure it can withstand too many Jorge Medes signings when they need some decent ones.