Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Guest firetotheworks

Livermore, Cook, Loftus-Cheek hahahahahaahahahaa ahead of him  [emoji38]

Loftus Cheek is absolute quality tbf. We'd know that a lot more if we'd managed to get him at the start of the season.

Loftus Cheek is absolute quality tbf. We'd know that a lot more if we'd managed to get him at the start of the season.

He has a lot of potential but he’s far from absolute quality yet. Would like to see him here.

He is proving it, especially lately but Shelvey offers more imo for the world cup. Aye it would have been nice to have had Loftus-Cheek for the season, hopefully next season like.

Guest firetotheworks

I was going to say that it's probably because how few options there are at centre back, but midfield's arguably worse, especially in terms of creativity. I'd have went with Henderson Oxlade-Chamberlain, but I'd probably go Henderson Wilshire/Shelvey now if we go with that sort of balanced combination.

Merson's a knobhead but he made me laugh on Soccer Saturday today when he said 'if England have seven midfielders better [than Shelvey] then we're going to win the World Cup'. :lol:

Of course Southgate will ignore him. It'll be disgusting, but as Shelvey mentioned in the post match MOTD interview he's not heard anything from the England camp. You'd imagine it won't change now.

I think Southgate has probably judged him on his daft antics than his footballing ability, for anyone on the outside (and inside tbh) he looks a complete liability and troublemaker...

Guest firetotheworks

Tbf, I've said this a few times now, but if these players probably aren't going to play anyway, you'd probably be looking at players that add to the team spirit.

Of course Southgate will ignore him. It'll be disgusting, but as Shelvey mentioned in the post match MOTD interview he's not heard anything from the England camp. You'd imagine it won't change now.

Yep, sadly he's not going to suddenly pick someone he's never considered before.