Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

He's got much nicer technique on the ball, IMO. Seems to have much control in tight spots. Not as explosive an athlete but I don't think we quite need that so much. Reckon he's got more of an eye for a pass too.

Comparing him to Sissoko after a few games is fairly ill-advised. He looks a good signing, can't we judge him on his own merits?

There's only ever one type of French West African player, Dave.

edit: beaten to it

He's got much nicer technique on the ball, IMO. Seems to have much control in tight spots. Not as explosive an athlete but I don't think we quite need that so much. Reckon he's got more of an eye for a pass too.

Yep, example being when he pulled it back for Ritchie first half. Sissoko would have blazed it across the box blindly.

There was a spell during 13/14 season where he seemed to pull those back regularly...mainly for Cabaye. (see Man U away win)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a bit disappointed with him in general, I must be missing something. He's been OK but I was expecting a bit more impact. Maybe I just haven't picked up on what he's been doing, y'all seem to be happy.

have to say i'm the same, won a couple of balls high up the pitch saturday in promising places but beyond that didn't really do much

sure he'll get better as he goes mind

I've been a bit disappointed with him in general, I must be missing something. He's been OK but I was expecting a bit more impact. Maybe I just haven't picked up on what he's been doing, y'all seem to be happy.

have to say i'm the same, won a couple of balls high up the pitch saturday in promising places but beyond that didn't really do much

sure he'll get better as he goes mind

From what I've seem and its been mainly limited to the highlights, its the winning the ball high up the pitch and being able/not scared to take people on in the middle of the park and get past a man to create space or start a breakaway.

He's the diametric opposite of Sissoko from what I've seen, other than the obvious comparison. quite creative, and has some end product, but most of the 90 mins passes him by. Sissoko was always involved down the right and frightened the shit out of opponents with his pace. Every game. I need to see more of him over 90 mins, but at the moment he doesn't seem to be involved much at all.