Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

Last night I was as worried and depressed as I've been since Rafa came in. This seems like an obvious and substantial upgrade to the weakest area of the squad, and Rafa wanted him. Saivet and Mitro gone and this guy, the goalie and Kenedy and all of a sudden it's an acceptable transfer window.

It's not acceptable like. These signings should have been the bare minimum. Whilst also coming in sooner, and possibly permanently.

If Slimani does well and we sign him at the end, it will turn out to be a good move. Big questions to be answered still, but from incredibly low expectations at least we got someone in who might help us.

A club of our size, in danger of relegation, to loan a couple of players is a disgrace looked at objectively. When we have £100m+ guaranteed income to come.

Last night I was as worried and depressed as I've been since Rafa came in. This seems like an obvious and substantial upgrade to the weakest area of the squad, and Rafa wanted him. Saivet and Mitro gone and this guy, the goalie and Kenedy and all of a sudden it's an acceptable transfer window.

It's not acceptable like. These signings should have been the bare minimum. Whilst also coming in sooner, and possibly permanently.

Agree entirely tbf. What I mean is, ultimately we've acted to give ourselves a fighting chance of survival - as opposed to no chance. We've done the bare minimum.

:thup:

I am congratulating nothing until its finished. Don't trust our luck. The idea of Slimani with Perez behind might work nicely.

Still a failure this window.  Choice of four central midfielders, if fit, is pretty scary. Especially when Mo Diame is one of them.

We really need an attacking central midfielder and if we are going to three at the back another CB wouldn't have hurt either.

All that said to even have anyone in today would be the best window in years.

Why f***ing sign a striker who can't play in the two potentially winnable games we have coming up, only for him to be available for a game we always tend to lose (Man U)? FFS.

Because there's more than 3 games left in the season.

:lol:

I'm not happy with our transfer window, which has been insufficient and at times embarrassing, and I think after a striker a central midfielder should have been another imperative, but of all the forwards linked Slimani probably leaves me most content.

A signing would have been nice, but Jorgensen seemed especially risky, Sturridge is hugely talented but compromised by injuries and I'm not sure how much he can stretch a defence, the same sort of thing is true for Ings who was linked at the start of the window, while Slimani can at least hold the ball up and offers finishing plus an aerial threat. Our style of play, to the extent that we have one, might suit him better than Leicester's swift counter-attacks, and hopefully he'll thrive being the main man up front.

Tiffany :thup:

Debbie Gibson :thup:

Belinda Carlisle :thup: :coolsmiley:

None of them are a patch on Susannah Hoffs though

Carlisle, Gibson, Hoffs..... Tiffany.

And that concludes this series of old men talk about wanks they once had [emoji38] we now return you to our scheduled broadcast Holy Fuck We Signed a Striker.