Miguel Almirón

Deuce

9 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Dunno mate, that scarf with "Full Steam Ahead" on it is pretty fucking legit.

Best slogan US Soccer has come up with since "I Believe That We Can Win"

FIGHT AND WIN

I think the real point is that it's ridiculous to consider two years of Steve Bruce as any kind of context to make a judgement about his ability. Emil Krafth and Joelinton have demonstrated that definitively, and yet Miggy has not been given the same clean slate by a lot of people. 

There has always been plenty of evidence he has valuable qualities as a footballer and something significant to offer the team, and I'm delighted he has a platform to show them again now. 

Edited by Barnes23

It's starting to not look like random chance that he's started scoring lately... haven't seen his second goal yet, but he seems to be hitting the ball with a lot more conviction since the end of last season. I've been down on him and didn't expect him to go anywhere with us, but I'm more than happy to eat those words if he can keep it up.

It's weird how he barely figured under Howe last season, and we are talking half a season. Yet this pre-season he has looked head and shoulders our best forward by a mile. He has to start against Forest unless we are making some significant signings in the next few weeks.