Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest neesy111

McLeish is the classic failure. His only success was with Rangers where anyone on this site could have been successful. His knowledge of the modern game is zippo

Won a trophy with Birmingham tbf.

f*** me, alex mccleish. how many matches have you actually watched us play? PFM crew in full effect.

Former Scotland and Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish has praised the job Steve Bruce is doing at Newcastle.

The Magpies have had a mixed start to the season, with last night's 7-0 Carabao Cup win at Morecambe coming on the back of a 3-0 Premier League defeat to Brighton.

However, United started the season with wins over West Ham and Blackburn, and McLeish was full of praise for the work Bruce has done on Tyneside - insisting he enjoyed watching his side.

“Amazing. Honestly, in a way I’m not amazed at Steve doing a good job because I know him very well," McLeish told Football Insider following the win at the Mazuma Arena.

“I lived quite near him in the Midlands when I was at Birmingham and he’d just left Birmingham but he was staying in the same house when he was travelling to Wigan.

“I know the quality of Steve and the type of man-manager he is, the players will love him, I’m sure, players will want to play for him because he’s got a charisma but he also knows the game inside out.

“He was getting compared to Rafa Benitez immediately when he arrived and the very first points he dropped it was: ‘He’s not going to be as good as Rafa’ but he proved to do even better in terms of the league position and they turned out to be quite exciting.

“I was quite enjoying watching them at the end of the season, they were quite an exciting team to watch.”

United head to Spurs on Sunday looking for their third away win of the season, and their fourth clean sheet.

'Steve bruce' and 'charisma' in the same sentence.

Just think about that for a moment.

Some right lies in that, mind. A few of note:

"he proved to do even better in terms of the league position" - 10th in 17/18 and 13th in 18/19 compared to 13th in 19/20. At best, he matched it. At worst, he didn't do 'even better'

"and they turned out to be quite exciting" Mustn't have watched that Brighton game on Sunday, 0.02xG in the first 45 mins. The Man City FA Cup one, had about 30 passes in the 1st half. I'm being selective ofc. Not every game is like a West Ham, or a Bournemouth, or a Morecambe really.

"he also knows the game inside out" I saw a tweet that included an alleged chat with Ritchie de Laet. Most goals are scored five passes or less? He's been quite outspoken against Bruce tbf, but he seems to be a gentler touch than Rafa's noted calculated stance. Each to their own, I won't compare the two methods, both have the potential to work.

a Reddit post linking the article, and the tweet with that DM https://twitter.com/SamLennon21/status/1307973804090630144?s=20

"I’m not amazed at Steve doing a good job because I know him very well," He can get all the credit he wants for last night, it doesn't matter much when we've the league to concentrate on. After all, wins against League Two teams will do a cup run but it won't protect the club from relegation which still might be threat. A Villa fan even mentioned it on their subreddit, when the going gets tough, or when it isn't apparently, the media will praise him to no end. Something we've got to live with, there's no winning.

Watch him go running up to the Spurs dugout to pump Jose's hand and slobber grovelling eulogies to the Special One. Jose will force a smile then wait until Bruce has sat down before rinsing his had with a bottle of water and trying to avoid eye contact with Bruce for the rest of the game.

Watch him go running up to the Spurs dugout to pump Jose's hand and slobber grovelling eulogies to the Special One. Jose will force a smile then wait until Bruce has sat down before rinsing his had with a bottle of water and trying to avoid eye contact with Bruce for the rest of the game.

Would prefer José to give him a right hook tbh

Guest neesy111

Would prefer José to give him a right hook tbh

:lol:

:thup: