Joelinton

Stifler

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

I reckon Willock is the most under-appreciated player in our side at the moment like. Think it’s a knock-on effect of him having lost his goal scoring form and a lot of his work not leading directly to goals, even though he’s created some great chances and is amazing when he makes his direct runs through the heart of midfield. I think his ability to run with the ball at great pace and transition us very quickly into attack isn’t matched by anyone else in the team other than ASM but Willock is more reliable in releasing the ball to teammates where ASM typically goes it alone a bit more. When he gets a goal I reckon we’ll see him go on a run of great form that will be a lot more noticeable (a la Miggy)

For balance to some of the other replies, I couldn't agree more. 👍 

So pleased how it's all turned out for him

Said it before but he joined a team managed by Steve Bruce, unable to speak the languarge when the world was plunged into a pandemic. Barely able to score he must have felt so homesick, disappointed to have become a bit of a laughing stock.

The mental strength he's shown to turn it arund shouldn't be underestimated and I hope he realises how much we appreciate him

Edited by joeyt

Such a good dude.

I remember talking with @HaydnNUFCwhen I was over last November, right around the time Joelinton was turning into a midfielder. Can't imagine what it must've been like for him to come here with that price tag, not live up to it, then be stuck in his apartment during lockdown without his friends or family around.

To come out of that and keep his head high and become the player he has is amazing. Takes so much mental strength and belief, and obviously talent. Such a good story and long may it continue.

16 minutes ago, krybel said:

Anyone know when Brazil announce their provisional squad? Would love so Joelinton there if they include like 50-60 players like other nations does.

Monday next week they announce the final squad apparently 

On 30/10/2022 at 19:58, Disco said:

Not sure how I missed this but it is class like. Our players are fucking mint. 

Minted as well judging by the fact he's got lights on in every room AND outside. Plus he's wearing next to nowt so, clearly, has the heating on full blast. 

In the middle of an energy crisis anarl. 

Tory

He's gone up in my estimation and I can tell you now, I will love it if he stays here even longer, love it.

He maybe one of a future legend here. Yes, the word legend is a bit heavy but what he went through in his first 2 season under that knacker Bruce, to where he is now, its just mental.

There is still so much more to come from him, i thought he looked incredible over the weekend interchanging with Willock - making tackles, driving forward, providing cover for the left side and then of course scoring his goal.  When he was flying for Hoffenheim, he was at his best as a left sided forward no?

Edited by Kanji

I think he will end up as an wide left forward again.  He will be incredibly useful in our jaunts to European giants in the future. He's exactly the sort of massive shithouse you need to break the will of tough opposition on the road.

His versatility means he will end up playing 30 games a season, even if we decide to "upgrade" in key positions. He's a beautiful, beautiful, beast.

On 30/10/2022 at 20:39, Ameritoon said:

Such a good dude.

I remember talking with @HaydnNUFCwhen I was over last November, right around the time Joelinton was turning into a midfielder. Can't imagine what it must've been like for him to come here with that price tag, not live up to it, then be stuck in his apartment during lockdown without his friends or family around.

To come out of that and keep his head high and become the player he has is amazing. Takes so much mental strength and belief, and obviously talent. Such a good story and long may it continue.

This is it for me 

He was ridiculed by all, referred to as the biggest flop in the PL, he was on a 6 year contract and the easy thing could have been for him to just think sod this and just coast until his contract ran out.

We've see many players do that but he never ever hid, would battle through games and always put his body on the line.

It takes enormous character to do that and it's amazing that he's went from biggest waste of money to £40m being a bargain.

Both of Willock and Longstaff deserve to stay in for Chelsea but Joelinton equally deserves to come back into the team immediately so I imagine same team as started against Villa for the Chelsea game.