Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I think Frank will win it, but really considering where we were when he joined, and the fact he's had to make history in recovering from such a position, it really should be Howe getting this accolade. Especially considering he did it without two of his blue chip players.

Jesus, thought you meant Lampard for a second there. 

It's just Premier League to take into consideration isn't it? Or at least it should be.

You'd therefore say that 2nd is the minimum expectation for both City and Liverpool and their points totals will be excellent but not exceptional. Neither should win

Palace have improved from last season no doubt, but as pointed out they are 1 point above us, potentially will finish below us with a 14 game head start over Howe. Honorable mention but no first place.

Brentford have absolutely overperformed this season and Frank has to be in the top 2.

Howe's ppg is well in excess of both Palace and Brentford which for me puts him in direct competition with Frank.

Frank will (and probably should) get it

Palace currently have the same points total as last season. Like most I think Vieira has done a good job and I expected them to struggle but there does seem to have been a bit of history rewriting going on around him as they have a couple of exciting young players. Would have had Potter ahead of him and if they hadn’t tailed off horrifically Lage too. Realistically though none should be in the frame.

52 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Well deserved. Frank should win it though.

Really? He's done a good job at Brentford but it's hardly unusual for a newly promoted team to finish mid-table in their first season (only to then struggle in the following season). The way Howe has turned us around is actually exceptional, as is what Pep has achieved and he probably should and will win it.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Really? He's done a good job at Brentford but it's hardly unusual for a newly promoted team to finish mid-table in their first season (only to then struggle in the following season). The way Howe has turned us around is actually exceptional, as is what Pep has achieved and he probably should and will win it.

Well Watford and Norwich finished higher in the championship than Brentford and have been dreadful.

Brentford haven't been in a relegation battle all season and produced one of the results of the season beating Chelsea away

Think Howe should win without a doubt. He came in when we were absolutely rock bottom and not just in the league. Low morale, fitness and no basic game plan. 

He had so much to do with no pre season and you could see improvement more or less straight away in the way we played and our shape. 

Just can't see what any of the other managers have done that is better than what Howe has done in half a season. 

CS23782556.jpg

Remember when this daft cunt said he'll shine his MOTY trophy to give him the confidence to get us through a poor run of form the following season? :lol:

One thing is for sure. If Eddie wins it he won't be dressed up like a ventriloquist dummy posing with the trophy alone. He knows how important a team effort is. 

1 hour ago, Beth said:

Manager of the season? Bahahahhahahahahhahahhahhahhahahhaaha

You seem to have a weird amount of hot takes, almost like you're trying to wind people up?

But I'll humour you, What makes Howe being nominated for manager of the season so funny? He's done an absolutely tremendous job, and exceeded pretty much all expectations, he has very rightly got the accolade he deserves.

Edited by 54

38 minutes ago, Ste said:

CS23782556.jpg

Remember when this daft cunt said he'll shine his MOTY trophy to give him the confidence to get us through a poor run of form the following season? :lol:

One thing is for sure. If Eddie wins it he won't be dressed up like a ventriloquist dummy posing with the trophy alone. He knows how important a team effort is. 

The most undeserving winner - pure luck and Cisses goals won him that.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

You seem to have a weird amount of hot takes, almost like you're trying to wind people up?

But I'll humour you, What makes Howe being nominated for manager of the season so funny? He's done an absolutely tremendous job, and exceeded pretty much all expectations, he has very rightly got the accolade he deserves.

Beth's just lonely. 

Pisses me off a bit how the goal posts are all ready being moved and the well we spent 100 million line keeps getting used seem to be forgetting what a mammoth task it was and we were written off completely when he took over.

21 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Pisses me off a bit how the goal posts are all ready being moved and the well we spent 100 million line keeps getting used seem to be forgetting what a mammoth task it was and we were written off completely when he took over.

Aye. Like squad building isn't part of the manager's job. In reality Howe has done better than Frank, because Frank got Erikssen for nowt.