Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Well, it was either medical advice or because he wanted to play Clarke.

Not sure how much more wiggle room we can give Howe on that. 

Not sure why he'd suddenly replace Schar with Clark otherwise.

Wish he'd just tell us to be honest cos if it was tactical then my concern levels would be elevated [emoji38]

9 minutes ago, 54 said:

He's played Schar in every game since he came in like, and called him "his perfect centre-back" think it's pretty obvious which one it is.

You'd hope so, but he's said similar with Fernández no? 

But either way, it's probably proven to be the wrong decision, which was my point. 

Edited by Thumbheed

Can't wait to see the back of some of these players. Despite the obvious limitations of their ability in a fair number of them, the application of their playing time has come up short,they've looked clueless in testing situarions

3 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

You'd hope so, but he's said similar with Fernández no? 

But either way, it's probably proven to be the wrong decision, which was my point. 

And my point would have been proven if he had picked him and he gone down after 15 mins with an injury that put him out for the rest of the season. 

It's not fucking rocket surgery.

5 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

And my point would have been proven if he had picked him and he gone down after 15 mins with an injury that put him out for the rest of the season. 

It's not fucking rocket surgery.

Is there even any indication he wasn't selected because of fitness, and if it was a fitness issue then what's to stop him getting a season ending injury the next game in your totally made up scenario?

Apparently it is for some. 

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

Is there even any indication he wasn't selected because of fitness, and if it was a fitness issue then what's to stop him getting a season ending injury the next game in your totally made up scenario?

The fact he wasn't picked is enough indication for me.

Maybe I'm extrapolating something of Howe's thinking from his decision to rest Wilson against Liverpool.

Edited by Happinesstan

10 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Unless someone in the coaching staff figures out how to organise a defense we're done for, regardless of who we sign in Jan.

You can’t organise a PL defence when it’s made up of Championship players. We could have Mourinho trying to organise them and it still wouldn’t fucking work

10 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

It's no more made up than your assertion that he picked him because he thinks he's better. What indication is there for your crap?

6 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

It's no more made up than your assertion that he picked him because he thinks he's better. What indication is there for your crap?

My indicators are watching him pick Ritchie over Lewis, Murphy over Manquillo and Clarke and Lascelles over Fernández in the past. 

Edited by Thumbheed

We have some really shit players, first of all we need to acknowledge that. We only have to see how we struggle to keep the ball, especially against the better teams. The difference in quality is really stark. Even when Rafa was here we were only getting results by conceding possession and trying to catch teams on the break. He wanted better players as well. 

31 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

He mentioned, at least once this week, that there would be squad rotation for this match. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

We have some really shit players, first of all we need to acknowledge that. We only have to see how we struggle to keep the ball, especially against the better teams. The difference in quality is really stark. Even when Rafa was here we were only getting results by conceding possession and trying to catch teams on the break. He wanted better players as well. 

Yeah, the inability to play simple passes and keep the ball has plagued us for years. The lack of intelligence and ability to play a killer pass in the final third is also crippling us. 

A couple of central midfielders are as crucial as defenders at this point.

25 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Not sure how he can organize a defense with the quality this bad and the injuries we have too. But go on. Tell me what he could do differently. Krafth and hurt Schar in? Same score line. 

Surely it would be more a case of setting the whole team up differently so the defence has the maximum protection possible ?

Yes most of our defenders aren't good enough at this level and should be moved on asap. However, we should be able to organise a team to not ship 3/4 goals every match. Howe's teams have never had great defensive records, and this was one concern I had with his appointment.

Edited by Klaus

Its not organising a team at all.  its about shit players, making shit decisions.

Goal 1:

Dubs kicks it out for a corner - what could Howe have done differently before the match, to stop that happening

99 out of 100 Clark clears that ball - this time he didn't - what could Howe have done differently before the match, to stop that happening?

Goal 2:

Clark and Lascells decide to provide a path for Man City strike  by both turning their backs - what could Howe have done differently before the match, to stop that happening?

Goals 3 & 4

Richie, caught ball watching for both - both our natural left backs are injured - what could Howe have done differently before the match, to stop that happening?

You can bang on all you want about coaching but when individual players are that shit - there is not a lot you can do.   We could have played 10 in defence and defended for the full 90 mins but the result would have been the same - as individual errors are happening every week.     The only way to stop this, is to buy new players in Jan and keep the best of the worst as subs/backup.

Personally, I can't wait for the day that all these players have been sold.  They seem to be a nice bunch of lads but they are journeymen, that's the reason why they ended up and stay here during Ashley's time.

He's tried a back 3 v Brentford and Arsenal, conceded 5 across both games. The options are so bad it's untrue. 

Howe is like a surgeon trying to do brain operations using a knife and fork. Telling him to use the knife and fork differently is still going to yield the patient keeling owa. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Although we are clearly lacking all over the pitch, I was quietly encouraged by our first half performance. Limited Man City apart from a defensive mistake and a rocket (brought on my dreadful pressing).

You can clearly see the team trying to play better football, but we just don’t have the players. 5 new first team players needed, ideally, next month.

45 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Its not organising a team at all.  its about shit players, making shit decisions.

Goal 1:

Dubs kicks it out for a corner - what could Howe have done differently before the match, to stop that happening

99 out of 100 Clark clears that ball - this time he didn't - what could Howe have done differently before the match, to stop that happening?

Goal 2:

Clark and Lascells decide to provide a path for Man City strike  by both turning their backs - what could Howe have done differently before the match, to stop that happening?

Goals 3 & 4

Richie, caught ball watching for both - both our natural left backs are injured - what could Howe have done differently before the match, to stop that happening?

You can bang on all you want about coaching but when individual players are that shit - there is not a lot you can do.   We could have played 10 in defence and defended for the full 90 mins but the result would have been the same - as individual errors are happening every week.     The only way to stop this, is to buy new players in Jan and keep the best of the worst as subs/backup.

Personally, I can't wait for the day that all these players have been sold.  They seem to be a nice bunch of lads but they are journeymen, that's the reason why they ended up and stay here during Ashley's time.

My earlier post literally answers all of your points here. These same players looked like a solid defensive unit under Rafa. 

“I’ve said it for a few weeks but I think the reason is relatively clear.

Trying to get our players to play it out from the back, puts us under unnecessary pressure and increases the risk of individual errors.

They panic, which causes an already low on confidence team to be unsettled even further.

If you’re asking them to do things they don’t understand, they’re too busy trying to think of a million things rather than the basics and the end result is brain farts like today.

They’re not good enough and don’t have the right skillset to play this style, it’s why they were much more effective under Rafa’s defensive set up. Get the ball and play it forward quickly, countering.”

Very few individusl errors have resulted from us playing it out from the back though, other than the Maddison penalty incident. The Darlow non-save, the Clark red, Hayden being a soft cunt, the Shelvey backpass and today's nonsense, were largely unforced errors under (minimal) opposition pressure.

Has to be said, the players are doing their best to undermine the arguments by the likes of Craig Hope that this side were decent and working with a shit manager in Bruce.

They’re shit and were working with a shit manager in Bruce.  With Howe they’re now with a decent one, but I think you’d need someone of Rafa’s nous to organise this lot.