The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

It's obviously looking so much better, but still plenty of work to do. I do agree with the above that if I wasn't a Newcastle fan then I would be much more confident, but still a couple of things I'm wary about. 15 games left, only 6 at home and 9 away, and while we could feasibly get something against Arsenal, 2 of those are against Arsenal and Liverpool, and 3 of the others are against teams in and around the top half (I know that kind of applies to Villa as well), but I would definitely feel more confident about home games than away game at the moment, so possibly a factor.

I'm less concerned about Norwich and Watford now, but do still have half an eye on Burnley - they have had a lot of hard games recently, and picked up the odd decent point, and you can tell by their -12 GD (as opposed to say Norwich's -36) that they don't get bettered, and are in most of their games, so they could possibly start turning these draws into wins, especially when not playing the better sides.

Still, we are in a position now where we can easily be looking up towards the likes of Brentford, Leeds etc. and possibly surpass those in the coming weeks, and it could start to look even better, but at the same time, there's still a bit of caution from me.

I'd say 3.5.

Edited by Paullow

I'm still not 100% confident, but fuck me. We're doing all the right things. There's such a swell of positive momentum behind us, everyone is pulling in the right direction. Think Brentford could well be in the shit, especially if we beat them.

We certainly don’t look like a relegation team now. We can win well and scratch out results. 
Hopefully Trippier’s injury isn’t a calf tear or his season is over. He has an amazing positive input on the whole team. He plays and we have an excellent chance of staying up

3 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

12 PL games isn't it? But I agree with your point, overall it's been really good

I've included Brighton, that was Jones wasn't it?

But yes it's fair to say, hes doing very well. I think the cambridge game, caused a few of our let's call impatient supporters, to forget he's actually doing well.