More transfer rumours

midds

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Just because the media missed the Eales announcement doesn’t necessarily mean they have no clue about transfers. The Eales one was easy to keep out of the media, no agents and clubs leaking it to get a higher price.

Agreed, especially if the selling club or agent want a bidding war.

That said we kept Targett and Pope out of the media until they were more or less done. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Agreed, especially if the selling club or agent want a bidding war.

If the selling club want a bidding war they whatsapp or call other clubs/agents directly, surely? Yes, yes, I know there's supposed to be rules in place but I thought it was an open secret that basically no one pays attention to them anyway? 

I think any story in the media is just entertainment for us, not relevant information. Like I can't imagine a scenario in 2022 where a team learns of a players availability through a journo leak at the same time fans do, with some "club shocker: [player] COULD LEAVE THIS SUMMER if the price is right, manager admits" headline.

I think the age of the ITKs is over.

25 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Right-footer who plays on the left, doesn't seem to match with what we're after? Unless it's just a talented youngster we think we can pick up at a decent price.

Given the price I would imagine it is.

I don't think any of us imagined we wouldn't have signed at least one attacking player (or midfielder) by pre-season. I doubt Howe thought that would be the case either. Looks like we're gonna be into the season by the time this gets addressed which isn't ideal really, as any new signings will be unlikely to be thrown straight into the team.

51 minutes ago, Sean said:

I don't think any of us imagined we wouldn't have signed at least one attacking player (or midfielder) by pre-season. I doubt Howe thought that would be the case either. Looks like we're gonna be into the season by the time this gets addressed which isn't ideal really, as any new signings will be unlikely to be thrown straight into the team.

This.

I tought that was first on the list,

Wierd / sad that it seems like we wasted so much time in Jan and summer on ekitike.

Tought we were «sure» to get him if they decided to spend more time on him after the Jan Window,

8 minutes ago, snakzz said:

This.

I tought that was first on the list,

Wierd / sad that it seems like we wasted so much time in Jan and summer on ekitike.

Tought we were «sure» to get him if they decided to spend more time on him after the Jan Window,

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.