Bruno Guimarães: £100M release clause has expired (Various)

Fantail Breeze

16 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

What’s mental is he was on the pitch for what 3 mins. Created the same amount of chances as Shelvey, and won more tackles. 

:lol: He did so much in 5 minutes. Should have been given the chance to have a shot on goal as well. Im a little annoyed he didnt get it.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

1 hour ago, alexf said:

Shelvey has improved lately but this guy looks like he's gonna slot into his position easily.

Looked very classy with every touch and his closing down was better than anything we have had all season even in just a few minutes. 

In his 5 minutes he played high up, pressed his opponent, dispossessed and then played a through ball.

Playing in the Shelvey role (single deep pivot) means he can't do that as he'll expose the back 2.  At Lyon he played the higher of two midfielders in a 3-4-3, his partner Caqueret mopped up a lot of balls but the two of them were like terriers in the middle of the park, winning high up and releasing their team mates.

If we stick to 4-3-3, he takes Willock or Joelinton's place - to be fair, Willock doesn't start playing til the second half anyways. I think Howe might play 3-4-3 against Villa and put Burn as part of back 3 against Villa but we'll see.

1 hour ago, nemtizz said:

Ball rolls, backheel, interception and a tackle. And the move that started off ASMs chance, too, of course. Ridiculous.

Looks alreet doesn’t he [emoji38]

He was riling up the gallowgate 1 min after he came on as a sub, absolute onions on this lad.

2 minutes ago, Phoenix711 said:

In his 5 minutes he played high up, pressed his opponent, dispossessed and then played a through ball.

Playing in the Shelvey role (single deep pivot) means he can't do that as he'll expose the back 2.  At Lyon he played the higher of two midfielders in a 3-4-3, his partner Caqueret mopped up a lot of balls but the two of them were like terriers in the middle of the park, winning high up and releasing their team mates.

If we stick to 4-3-3, he takes Willock or Joelinton's place - to be fair, Willock doesn't start playing til the second half anyways. I think Howe might play 3-4-3 against Villa and put Burn as part of back 3 against Villa but we'll see.

I agree. However he was doing that when he came on as he came on for Willock. 

I just think he will bring more to the team than Shelvey and I believe Willock is the only player we have that can do that most advanced of the 3 role and Joelinton has been pretty consistent in his number 8 role. 

I appreciate playing the pivot might not be is best position as I haven't seen enough of him but I just think our best 3 midfield would be

Willock Bruno Joelinton

if we carry on this formation. 

They all bring something different and I just find Shelveys lack of mobility the biggest concern. 

Aye, was gonna post something to that effect @Phoenix711.

I'm sure he could do a better job than Shelvey in that role but I do wonder if we'd get more out of him in Willock's place today.

We all know Shelvey has considerable shortcomings but he can pick a pass. Stick Bruno and Joe either side of him and let them wreck cunts and you've got a decent little midfield IMO.

Willock might do better from the bench, seems to flourish when the game gets a bit stretched.

Just now, Amir_9 said:

Willock is starting to look like his old self. Had a good game against Leeds and another solid showing today, he won a lot of balls from them and was lively in attack

Shelvey has to be the one dropped

Willock was terrible in the first half I thought. Much better in the second. 

Was desperate for him to come on around the 60 minute mark, but in hindsight it was probably better to put him on when we were 2 up with less pressure although he is clearly more than capable of handling it. Great way for him to be introduced to the fans with the fantastic ovation he got, and luckily he didn't need more minutes than he got to show us what he's capable of. 

Willock is weird, seems to have really quick feet until the moment comes to actually release the ball at which point it seems to take him an age.

Might be why he looks so much better later in games, just that bit more time to get the pass or shot away.

I think he's place would be in Joelinton's role actually, but it would be better for the team to bench shelvey. 

With the atmosphere you guys had today I'm sure he felt like home, here in Brazil we're also cited as one of the toughest teams to beat when playing home because of the crazy atmosphere and the crazy sound our stands make. 

3 minutes ago, Pardiola said:

Can anyone recall a better cameo than that? Heavens.

Just wish Allan had squared it. This lad is going to be pure filth with his pressing and passing, can't fucking wait. 

50 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: He did so much in 5 minutes. Should have been given the chance to have a shot on goal as well. Im a little annoyed he didnt get it.

I think Willock and Wood were both standing wide-open in the 18-yard-box too. :lol: But can't totally begrudge ASM to be fair, he was flying tonight and fancied himself a goal.

Edited by cubaricho