Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 13/02/2022 @ 2pm (Sky)

LRD

18 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Basically every pub is a pre-match pub. Those closer to the ground will be busier than those further away, obviously.

Newcastle Arms, Rosie’s and the Irish Centre are busy but ideal if you want to leave with 15/20 mins to kick off but will be packed. Gunner Tavern/Town Wall are bigger and will have fewer people in. Bodega and Tilleys get quite busy. All close to the station. Just avoid the Victoria Comet (aka the Spitting Vomit) if that’s where you want to go. Tends to attract away fans and locals who have a few screws loose.

Town Wall is great but has been heaving when I've been in for the Brentford and Man Utd games. Thought they've not enough staff for matchday demand. Cracking pub mind.

I'm in two minds about this. I don't know if Howe will stick with the side that has won 2 games in a row (Targett aside) or see this game in a completely different light to Everton and play Bruno.

I think we would all like to see Bruno start but I can't see any way in which he leaves out Shelvey, Joelinton or Willock until we drop points or its forced in some way.

With regards to left back, it will depend on who plays on the right for Villa? If its pace I'd play Manquillo if its someone who cuts in etc, I'd play Burn.

In truth, if Burn has a gammy toe, then Howe still won't risk him.

Edited by STM

10 minutes ago, STM said:

I think we would all like to see Bruno start but I can't see any way in which he leaves out Shelvey, Joelinton or Willock until we drop points or its forced in some way.

I have to disagree. Bruno has clearly not been brought in to warm the bench. The three mentioned were fine yesterday but that has certainly not been the case all season.

what about moving willock out wide as part of the front 3 with wood and st max. harsh on Fraser, but if howe doesnt want to sit Shelvey, this might be the only way to get Bruno into the line up. might also give us some flexibility with willock and Big joe interchanging

Edited by Palestoon

2 minutes ago, Palestoon said:

what about moving willock out wide as part of the front 3 with wood and st max. harsh on Fraser, but if howe doesnt want to sit Shelvey, this might be the only way to get Bruno onto the line up. might also give us some flexibility with willock and Big joe interchanging

That’s where I’d play Willock!

4 hours ago, STM said:

I'm in two minds about this. I don't know if Howe will stick with the side that has won 2 games in a row (Targett aside) or see this game in a completely different light to Everton and play Bruno.

With regards to left back, it will depend on who plays on the right for Villa? If its pace I'd play Manquillo if its someone who cuts in etc, I'd play Burn.

The only way is if Howe looks at Coutinho and feels matching him with ability is important and plays Bruno. Villa are a good side and will be hard to beat but the opportunity is there to really push on now and the pressure is off a tiny bit after last night. I think you’re probably right that he’ll reward the current midfield but squad rotation and matching Villa tactically might mean he starts. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Villa conceding goals & possession plus a sending off of a decent defender (oh and a key player limping off). Its going to be a close but very entertaining game. Probably a 2-2.

Edited by Dokko

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

We have a really good chance here. 

Yeah, we won't be as open as Leeds were and despite our league position, are better defensively since Eddie came in. Hopefully the added day of rest see's us knick a win. :indi:

4 hours ago, STM said:

Incredibly small time if he doesn’t change the team, purely because it’s a winning side from the week before. 

That is for village football, not elite sport.  Play your best players. Bruno is our best midfielder. He should start in place of one of those three (please be Shelvey!)  

When you have only won one game all season and win 2 on the trot, you don’t change that winning team. It’s got to go again, minus Targett. If a centre mid is feeling a strain or something then ok get Bruno in. However I think it’s good management in this situation where you’re playing if we’re winning and if not things will change.