James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Bruno and Maddison going forward with a new DM sitting, urf. That's if he plans on playing Maddison in CM that is. 

Maybe not now but certainly next season we'll start to see the likes of Wilson and Joelinton being phased out imo. Wilson is always crocked and Joelinton, while I love him and he's brilliant at what he does, I don't think is good enough on the ball to get to where we want to go. We've seen a bit how much he's struggled without Bruno next to him and we need a midfielder that doesn't struggle no matter who's out.

This is medium-long term, mind. More than happy with beg jow in the middle kicking lumps out of people.

1 hour ago, Cattletrucked said:

A lot writing Wilson off (injury prone yes) but ASM, Wilson and Isak as the front 3 could also be great 

Wilson is brilliant but he'll be 31 at the end of this season and AFAIK has never seen more than 25 league games a season. We likely won't sell him next season but he'll start to be and arguably should be phased out of the XI by a new wide player and we'll go with a front 3 of a new RW, Isak, ASM. 

5 hours ago, LV said:

I’m adamant Bruno is wasted sitting as the purely defensive DM. He’s got goals in him as well as creativity further forward. Wasted as a destroyer. 

I don’t think adding Maddison to the central midfield necessarily means Bruno has to become a traditional DM. We’re playing without a traditional DM as it is and our defense is rock solid.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Wilson is brilliant but he'll be 31 at the end of this season and AFAIK has never seen more than 25 league games a season. We likely won't sell him next season but he'll start to be and arguably should be phased out of the XI by a new wide player and we'll go with a front 3 of a new RW, Isak, ASM. 

That's not true at all man.

Prior to last season he played more than 25 league games for 4 consecutive seasons :lol:

That being said, I don't necessarily disagree with the point Haydn is making. We need to phase him out. Don't think we should extend his contract unless he is fine with a bit part role and reduced wages.

9 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

That's not true at all man.

2 hours ago, Conjo said:

Prior to last season he played more than 25 league games for 4 consecutive seasons :lol:

That being said, I don't necessarily disagree with the point Haydn is making. We need to phase him out. Don't think we should extend his contract unless he is fine with a bit part role and reduced wages.

Couldn't be arsed to check, but do wonder how many of those were starts, or how many of those where he saw the full 90. Doesn't really matter ya pedantic twats, you know the point I'm making. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Clearly trying to show how mature he is in order for Howe to slap another £5m on our offer in January based on his character 

:yao: He clearly looks the right type of character that Howes likes

3 hours ago, STM said:

Was surprised by how mature he is. Had him down as a bit of a Grealish thicko.

Yeah he comes across a bit cocky at times, but always felt he speaks very well in interviews and seems to have a great attitude. 2022 stats terrific also - Southgate just has his favourites as can barely see any reason why he’s persisting with Mount over Maddison, or at least not alongside. See you in Newcastle in January James. 

Also Shreeves is such a melt. 

4 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

Yeah he comes across a bit cocky at times, but always felt he speaks very well in interviews and seems to have a great attitude. 2022 stats terrific also - Southgate just has his favourites as can barely see any reason why he’s persisting with Mount over Maddison, or at least not alongside. See you in Newcastle in January James. 

Also Shreeves is such a melt. 

Aye. I can forgive picking Maquire and Pickford, because they've never really let him down, but Mount is the opposite. Done nowt of any note for England but was performing for Chelsea. Dunno what his current club form is like but Mount has had plenty of chances for England.

We definitely need some more creativity and was impressed by him yesterday. I still don’t see him wide right in our current set up, but could see him replacing Joelinton as we look to move to next level.

If we play with a true DM then Bruno and Maddison would be immense in home games breaking down teams who pack the defence. If we then had a Diaby type player wide right, we’d really have a cutting edge on par with the top teams.

Yeah having watched him more closely this season after our interest this summer, I really want us to go back in for him now. May be tricky though as they aren't in desperate need for cash anymore presumably and may still be at the wrong end of the table and will want to hang on to their best players.

11 minutes ago, alexf said:

Yeah having watched him more closely this season after our interest this summer, I really want us to go back in for him now. May be tricky though as they aren't in desperate need for cash anymore presumably and may still be at the wrong end of the table and will want to hang on to their best players.

Their hand is significantly weakened if in January they're still turbo shit and looking like they're going down.