James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Surely not? Wish Ritchie would sling his hook, like. Bout time we had 11 back at CM a la Speed. 

11 needs to go to a proper player now. I agree. 

6 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It is interesting that we'd go this high but have backed off at similarly high valuations for the likes of Isak and Diaby. I guess their valuation metrics must be giving significant weight to being PL proven.

Or maybe, Maddison is just a tad better of a player than those two? 

8 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It is interesting that we'd go this high but have backed off at similarly high valuations for the likes of Isak and Diaby. I guess their valuation metrics must be giving significant weight to being PL proven.

English plays a part

1 minute ago, Flip said:

Or maybe, Maddison is just a tad better of a player than those two? 

Wouldn’t say he’s necessarily a significantly better player, but he’s more established, has played well for multiple seasons and in the PL. I think both Diaby and Isak still have a lot of room to grow and may have higher ceilings but I don’t think they’re quite at Maddison’s level of consistency yet 

13 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Christ, if this happens - would he try and take the #10 from Maxi? 

brilliant and important question. imagine asking Maxi to give up his shirt number though? :lol: I don't even think they'd try it.

he wore #23 at Norwich, but Murph has that...

1 minute ago, Big River said:

brilliant and important question. imagine asking Maxi to give up his shirt number though? :lol: I don't even think they'd try it.

he wore #23 at Norwich, but Murph has that...

As if we are talking shirt numbers already ?

18 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Wonder what our wages offer would be. He's already on 120k at Leicester apparently. How much is Bruno on?

Bruno’s wage is given as anywhere between 90k-125kpw.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Ritchie is still a cult hero for what he did for this club you fucking short-memoried bellends :lol:

Oh, I love Ritchie, and have detailed my love at length on here. But he needs to go, like. 

Guess it depends on what the add ons are and how likely they are. Will be a tad more realistic than me promising £25m when my new right back on FM has scored 50 goals for the club so I can get them for next to nowt.

You'd assume 10/15/20 goals in a season would be one, perhaps another for assists, team of the season, England caps, maybe a "makes X league appearances" & ones for if we qualify for Europe. If they're a mill or two each it suddenly starts to creep towards mid fifties and we might get a deal. Who knows!

Given Rodgers comments I'd be astounded if they sell for less than 60m. They probably want more.

That said if they did take less maybe we are continuing where we left off with Burnley, destabilizing a direct rival by nabbing one of their best players and causing their manager to be pissed off at the same time.

I'd be fuming if I were a Leicester fan, this is a really bad situation they've created for themselves, but it looks like this is definitely on for us. 

With Maddison being so clearly an AM, a really pointy one, I wonder if the equation with him relies on a Miggy/Fraser level of pressing and defensive contribution from one of the wings.

LW is ASM in a free role, LB is Targett holding, with Joelinton also marshalling the left side, RB is Trippier coming forward as an outball and progressive passer, and RW is a grafter expected to cover back for Trippier.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

"sling your hook!...oh by the way, I love you apparently" :lol:

Yes I'm very bored of my daily routine of deciding between re-watching his goals on YouTube or launching darts at photos of him. 

Their rejection must have had some encouragement that they're up for selling if we've bid again. 

Do not want to see that "Newcastle are prepared to walk away" headline later this week. Let's get this done.