Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

At some point we will have to move away from being a club with a best starting XI to one where all players in the squad can play without any drop in standard. Players can be rested, rotated and recuperated without it harming the strength of the XI on the pitch 

I think when you look at our team, it's clear we're one of the best-coached and most dynamic teams in the country. Six straight wins, best defensive record in the league, putting 3s, 4s and 5s past decent teams.

If we lack anything, it's quality squad depth and a bit of experience of being in the position we're in. Psychologically right now, we're just playing relaxed and brilliantly coached with a quality gameplan each week. The struggle might come with injuries or that bit of experience of being in a race for top 4. I think we may address this in January but we'll see, I just trust everything they're doing right now and that's a great feeling.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

Willock & Longstaff are doing fantastic at the moment. Longstaff’s got a really good engine on him & his lack of pace is covered by those around him.

Maddison would be great and if we can stay clear of injuries we’re top 6. Got to hope that when Isak gets back to fitness he stays fit, we know Wilson won’t stay fit and Wood isn’t at the right level (put a real shift in today).

9 minutes ago, madras said:

At some point we will have to move away from being a club with a best starting XI to one where all players in the squad can play without any drop in standard. Players can be rested, rotated and recuperated without it harming the strength of the XI on the pitch 

Would be much cooler if we succeed with out going to that extreme, just a tight nit group that smashes it. I'd love that anyway.

But yeh you're right, probably the way we're going eventually.

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

This window should be all about adding strength and depth.

Ritchie coming on today said it all [emoji38]

Think he brought Ritchie on as a farewell display. Looked like a gesture to me. 

Eddie is such an elite manager he's rewriting everything.

We could have scored more goals with more quality, if you could take "better" players and drill in the Howe philosophy and fitness into them then more of those moves would have come off, we could have scored even more.

First manager in 2 decades where I think, just leave it with him, let him do what he wants and and sign the players he wants.

He's insane.

29 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

We were 3-0 up with just a couple of minutes to go. He could've brought my mum on for all the difference it would've made. :lol:

Give Eddie a few weeks and he'll have her doing the business

14 minutes ago, jack j said:

Give Eddie a few weeks and he'll have her doing the business

I mean she's 82 and her knees are worse than Paul McGrath's, but tbh Eddie's that good that after a fortnight of his tutelage I'd still not be surprised to see her skin 2 men and blast one into the top corner.

Martin Terrier from Rennes would still be my first choice for a January signing.

Stats this season have been very good (8 goals, 3 assists in 14 games) and can genuinely play anywhere across the front 3 very well.

Seems exactly what we need, however Thuram is very similar in alot of ways so I wouldn't be displeased with signing him.

14 hours ago, gbandit said:

Really hard to say what to do with the squad right now. Everyone is playing out of their skin. A young right back is obviously key and a ball-playing left back is probably part of future windows. You look at Almiron and he’s going nowhere, you look at Joelinton and I don’t want him going anywhere. It’s only really Willock and Longstaff who start that are under threat as starters currently but I love Willock and Longstaff is doing everything right, certainly from a defensive point of view. It’s basically depth we need but you’d imagine any player we sign in January will be of the quality that they’ll want to start and they should start so it’s a strange window. I guess we’ll just have to see how January goes with fixtures, injuries and form 

Its not hard, it's just all about attitude and signing the right attitudes. We need players as we have no depth. Murphy's one of our first subs. Look at Bruno, he came and didn't walk into the starting 11. But once he got in there was no way he was getting dropped. He signed for the club, the vision etc and bought into the "project" And as long as we sign players with the right attitude who will have to fight to get into the starting 11 and are willing to do that we are fine. Willocks had his time on the bench. He knows what's expected of him to start consistently and hes performing at the required level. Same with longstaff. That's what we need, we need competitors not just FIFA signings like Aston villa. I think anyone who comes in to talks and says "but I'm starting every game" will be shown the door.

1 minute ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Its not hard, it's just all about attitude and signing the right attitudes. We need players as we have no depth. Murphy's one of our first subs. Look at Bruno, he came and didn't walk into the starting 11. But once he got in there was no way he was getting dropped. He signed for the club, the vision etc and bought into the "project" And as long as we sign players with the right attitude who will have to fight to get into the starting 11 and are willing to do that we are fine. Willocks had his time on the bench. He knows what's expected of him to start consistently and hes performing at the required level. Same with longstaff. That's what we need, we need competitors not just FIFA signings like Aston villa. I think anyone who comes in to talks and says "but I'm starting every game" will be shown the door.

Yes, you earn the shirt and place in the starting eleven!

9 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Martin Terrier from Rennes would still be my first choice for a January signing.

Stats this season have been very good (8 goals, 3 assists in 14 games) and can genuinely play anywhere across the front 3 very well.

Seems exactly what we need, however Thuram is very similar in alot of ways so I wouldn't be displeased with signing him.

For me we need a 3 dimensional forward as I would call him - one that plays in all 3 positions 

If we want to sign players this January window, the options we'll have compared to the last one will be significantly, significantly better.

There can't be too many players we're not in the conversation for, these days, though obviously we're now competing with far bigger clubs than we were before.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one Bruno-esque buy, given our position.

10 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Think he brought Ritchie on as a farewell display. Looked like a gesture to me. 

I noticed that he must have a move lined up, Maddison for Willock seems like a great step up in player however we need replacements for our bench plodders