Newcastle United 2-0 Nottingham Forest (06/08/2022)

loki679

Just now, NE27 said:

Where did he go? Seemed a good poster.

No idea. Haven't spoken to him for ages, I didn't know he'd left until someone mentioned it recently. Just hope it's a positive change for him that he needed.

Anyone see the MOTD highlights?

Thought they were a bit generous to Forest meself - showed two or three Forest chances and about double that of ours. Should have been about four times as many of our efforts, if they were going to show three of theirs.

To be fair, they did sum it up that we were much the better team, but if a neutral only saw the highlights, they would have come away thinking Forest could have got something from that game. 

Just seen the 30 minute highlights on Sky. Everyone looked fit, confident and keen. Willock and Almiron seemed to have upped their games. The intensity of our play seemed to rattle Forest.

Lingard looked like a player who'd only joined for the money, which of course is not surprising. It was down to him to close down Schar for the goal, but he made a very half-hearted attempt before giving up. 

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Thought they’d be a lot better tactically given how much the gargoyle is rated and how well he’s done in his career to date. Seemed like they were happy to chance keep getting battered and that we’d not score rather than doing anything to proactive about it. They were absolutely wide open in midfield in the first 60 odd mins of the game. Dunno whether they’ve bought one but they really looked like they missed a proper DM who could break the game up.

Creasing here at gargoyle [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Who does Steve Cooper look like? It's killing me 

I feel like a younger Shaun Ryder looked like that somehow

Edited by Smal

He’s got a permanent cowie jaw which is slightly disconcerting too. 

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

George Formby 

You’d hope he wouldn’t clean his windows in case you spotted him.

4 hours ago, STM said:

Joelinton was my MOM. Bruno naturally gets more credit because he's a sex god but Joelinton makes midfield impossible for opposition.

Joelinton doesn't need to be a sex god, he just brute forces an entry, but in a nice likeable way.

1 hour ago, POOT 2.0 said:

That's great news! I genuinely couldn't be happier for the lad. 

Shame he left, though. One of my favourite posters, without a doubt. 

He had been doing scouting work for a fair while and put in some real miles in non league so fair play to him. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

There's definitely an element of the Hey Arnold snitch about him, but I still think there's someone else that's better.

image.thumb.png.9281f964dbe8dffcba345f9426f58682.png

This is from Recess not Hey Arnold. Both great shows with a lot of similarities.

:milner: