Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 13/05/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

I'm more worried about this game than the Brighton match on Thursday. We'll be mentally and physically ready for thst one but I'm.hoping Howe has got them prepared for this one. Especially mentally.

Edited by nufcjb

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I'm more worried about this game than the Brighton match on Thursday. We'll be mentally and physically ready for thst one but I'm.hoping Howe has got them prepared for this one. Especially mentally.

Sam Allardyce will mean a lot to us fans, I personally detest him, but he will mean nothing to our players. He'll be "Sam who?" to them.

For the players, I'd be more concerned about the physical aspect, if we have the legs in midfield with Longstaff unlikely and Bruno not at his best.

Allardyce will stick to what he knows. Probably his best attribute is organising defences and set pieces (I know West Brom conceded loads). He'll have them set up deep and try to frustrate us and try to counter and exploit set pieces. The longer it's 0-0, the more the crowd will sense an opportunity. I think they'll be very physical and try to turn it into a dogfight with some rough early challenges that you often get away with early on in games. If we get drawn into tit for tat and arguments, we'll be playing the game on their terms and get the crowd up for it.

I hope we get a strong ref and that we don't get sucked into playing the game they want. Hopefully we can move the ball quickly and have too much movement for them. Needless to say first goal is always crucial but especially so here because I feel like refs tolerate a bit more bullshit with certain managers and he'll do everything he can to break up the game. 

Edited by ohmelads

Also think we'll do well to come through this one without injuries. Everton felt the same and look what happened to Longstaff. Absolutely clattered and we didn't get the pen. That makes it even more important we get the 3 points here. I see this as must win in terms of momentum and the teams behind us, even if it isn't mathematically. 

Glad it's an early kick off. Had the taste of the Arsenal game in my mouth for too long.

Unfortunately first half clashes with a birthday party for a classmate of my 4 year old. So I'll be slyly watching it on my phone as I continue my avoidance of making any parent friends.

They're going to sit so deep, and it'll be hard to play through them so hopefully we're not shy of taking one on from distance if the opportunity arises. Might not be the best day to try and walk it in.

Huge game this, I thought Man U home was the one I wanted the most, then Arsenal at home, but this is the huge for loads of reasons.

I don't think I could stand Big Sam's smug face if he wins this.

6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Completely missed this Tindall stuff, what's happened?

Twitter account has clocked onto him shaking hands with the opposite manager before Eddie and its snowballed from there I think.