Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

48 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Should have started 

Big Joe not ready 

Agreed on Big Joe, but never been that convinced on Tonali except first 20 mins v Villa. Ashworth has said we cant afford to get any of our big money signings wrong and so far we've been spot on. But for £55m we could have done better. That's my view even before the betting situation. Every time he plays the balance of the midfeld changes for the worse. He's clearly a very good player just not right for our style or team. 

1 hour ago, 500bhp said:

Agreed on Big Joe, but never been that convinced on Tonali except first 20 mins v Villa. Ashworth has said we cant afford to get any of our big money signings wrong and so far we've been spot on. But for £55m we could have done better. That's my view even before the betting situation. Every time he plays the balance of the midfeld changes for the worse. He's clearly a very good player just not right for our style or team. 

I mean he came on tonight and instantly improved our midfield for a start :lol:

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Can’t help but think he’d have been the right call on the left side over Wor Joe or right side over Wor Longie. He reads the game at an elite level and can now truly see that when you see him play live. Hes crucial to our champions league and will be gutted he’s not going to feature again this season by all accounts. 

He’s been massively better on the right of the 3 every time he’s played there IMO. Thought he was really good when he came on today and as you say it’s no surprise he was more settle in a CL environment. Thought he was really good when he came on today. Improving ball retention no end.

Just so exceptionally annoying about all the other stuff and hopefully he’ll be back next season ready to prove points all over the place.

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

Legally speaking does he get paid during those 10 months?

Yes. There seems to be a lot of people (and some weird Italian press rumours) saying we won't pay him. But unless Tonali is waiving his right to be paid out of remarkable generosity, I highly doubt there is any way we won't be paying him. Contractually we are on the hook unless we take disciplinary action to sack him for gross misconduct. And from everything Howe has said, I can't imagine that 'doing everything to support him' involves trying to deprive him of his salary. 

10 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

And WUM

Dont think I have every been called a WUM in nearly 20 years of posting on here, and really not sure what I said that constitutes being a WUM.  The fact that you just reply to people's posts telling them to to piss off, says it all really. 

Edited by Dan Gleebals

So sounds like his salary getting suspended was part of the plea deal, which given he was potentially going to be banned for 4 years, is a pretty good way of ensuring he ever has a career to go back to :lol:

It’s massive shame because last night he showed in glimpses how instrumental he could be for us.

All we can hope for is he uses this time out to work on his mental health (gambling being the symptom / coping mechanism) and get in the best physical shape of his life. And come back next season with a point to prove.

Easy to see that his natural talent and technical ability is levels above all our other midfielders bar Bruno. Players with this technical ability is what we need to get to the “next level”. Too bad he barely had time to get going for whatever reasons before his suspension now. I see people saying we don’t need this and that for our CM. I rate all our midfielders and mostl of all love/like them. But to grow as a team and club we can’t afford to stand still. There is improvement to be made in many areas. Insane how much Howe has got out of the current team so far. Credit to him and the players. 

I think the club should have some say in when Tonali serves his ban. Ideally that would start in January or the summer when the transfer window opens.

Seems reasonable if the offences were committed during his time at Milan. 

1 minute ago, Ginola14 said:

I think the club should have some say in when Tonali serves his ban. Ideally that would start in January or the summer when the transfer window opens.

Seems reasonable if the offences were committed during his time at Milan. 

June and July for the next next 5 years :lol: 

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

Maybe I’m imagining it, but last night he looked better both on and off the pitch, like a load had been taken off his mind.

You weren't imagining it, he looked top class last night.