St James' Park

Delima

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

New info, or just what the owners have previously said about needing expansion?  

Starting the process of design investigation structural surveys etc

2 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Can understand a bit more now when they said the Gallowgate Club will be there this season but not the season after.

This is a good point.

Since Mehrdad commented on the 60-65,000 thing a while back - the logical step will no doubt be to expand the Gallowgate. I believe the Strawberry Place land development fell through as well? 

Perhaps a slight reconfiguration of the East Stand as well. Would make sense as to only having 31,000 ST holders if the East Stand was also misplaced for a while?

4 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Can understand a bit more now when they said the Gallowgate Club will be there this season but not the season after.

Still not fucking happy about this mind, from a personal perspective [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, madras said:

Gallowgate to Leazes size would be the obvious.

If we were to do this, how long would it take to complete the expansion? Could it be done in one off season?

Expansion of our current ground is a no brainer if they can sort out the how with the city/owners/properties nearby. Would absolutely love to see the already monstrous stadium look even more intimidating! 

5 minutes ago, NWMag said:

If we were to do this, how long would it take to complete the expansion? Could it be done in one off season?

You'd imagine it would depend on what's required structurally for current underground services and the main road outside gallowgate 

7 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Recall reading there were more season tickets holders living in Gateshead than in Newcastle. Given the whole NewcastleGateshead marketing,  perhaps build a newbie, if we must, near Gateshead Stadium? Whadayasay?  

Are you actually from the area? I genuinely cannot fathom how a local could countenance that sort of cultural vandalism. Makes me sick in fact. 

5 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Are you actually from the area? I genuinely cannot fathom how a local could countenance that sort of cultural vandalism. Makes me sick in fact. 

I’m actually from about 1/2 mile away from Gateshead Stadium 😉

Hope they improve the food and drink quality in the ground. Not asking for ridiculous pricey gourmet shite a la Spurs but just better quality stuff in all areas of the ground. Plus would like to see things like Tyne Bank or Wylam beer instead of the piss swill that is Carling which is all you can really get. (Where I usually sit anyway)