Manchester City

OzzieMandias

i know but then he wins, it's basically giving him a free transfer. i'd prefer them to keep him and let him rot till his contract expires, they can afford it and would be good for the game (perversly as having a talant like his out the game shouldn't be good)

i know but then he wins, it's basically giving him a free transfer. i'd prefer them to keep him and let him rot till his contract expires, they can afford it and would be good for the game (perversly as having a talant like his out the game shouldn't be good)

Aye, the cunt does deserve to rot in the reserves. But don't think he gives a f*** about football really.

Even if they tried to hold on to his registration I'm sure that with his and his agent's wealth there'd be a lawsuit on restraint of trade issued almost immediately.  If Tevez or a 3rd party were to offer to buy out his contract with Man City and City refused to sell and refused to allow him to work I'm sure they'd be on pretty shaky legal ground.

Can't remember where I read it but there was some talk about whether it would ever be possible to "let a player rot in the reserves" and the suggestion was that the player could walk away from their contract after a couple of months of inactivity because by not allowing him to ply his trade they would have broken their contract with him.

Even if they tried to hold on to his registration I'm sure that with his and his agent's wealth there'd be a lawsuit on restraint of trade issued almost immediately.  If Tevez or a 3rd party were to offer to buy out his contract with Man City and City refused to sell and refused to allow him to work I'm sure they'd be on pretty shaky legal ground.

Can't remember where I read it but there was some talk about whether it would ever be possible to "let a player rot in the reserves" and the suggestion was that the player could walk away from their contract after a couple of months of inactivity because by not allowing him to ply his trade they would have broken their contract with him.

If he was playing for the reserves he'd be "plying his trade".

And who could afford to buy out his contract?

Surely if they sack him, they reserve the right to hold onto his registration for as long as his contract lasts? No money, and doesn't get to play. Surely he hasn't won then?

Not sure about this. I think they could keep his registration until the next transfer window opens.

Really do hope they sack the miserable cretin. No less than he deserves.

If he was playing for the reserves he'd be "plying his trade".

And who could afford to buy out his contract?

If they were to actively prevent him from participating in competitive games, refusing to pick him under any circumstances I think he'd still have a case.

Didn't Tevez himself say after the game that he refused to play because he wasn't in the right frame of mind?

It just sounds like the enquiry - as often happens with enquiries - has got bogged down in irrelevant questions of detail and Tevez's representatives have succeeded in muddying the waters.

If they're sensible, they'll back their manager, but I don't think they're sensible.

Sky Sports BREAKING NEWS:

Roberto Mancini has made a dramatic U-turn and welcomed Carlos Tevez back to the Man City first team squad.

He said "Halloween wouldn't be the same without him."