Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest Deadmau5

That interviewer man, basically

"Wouldn`t you rather go to Manchester United/City/Arsenal/Chelsea/Tottenham though?" :crazy2:

The worst part is he implies Demba would lack ambition if he didn't want to leave. Fuck off. :lol:

in the football world according to the modern media anyone not playing for the "top 6" (not the actual current top 6 but the media top 6) is lacking ambition

Sounds like Pardew is worried he could be off....  Time to start showing him some more love, people.

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew calls on supporters to persuade Demba Ba to stay

Alan Pardew has called on Newcastle United’s supporters to make it impossible for Demba Ba to leave in the summer.

Ba’s 16 goals in his first season in black and white stripes have turned him into one of the Premier League’s most talked about strikers, while the existence of a £7m release clause ensures he is also one of the most wanted.

The Senegal international said last week he is happy on Tyneside and dismissed reports he is set to join Chelsea as nothing more than rumours, but Pardew knows he still has a fight on his hands to keep him.

“I think Demba’s made it quite clear that he loves it here,” said the Newcastle manager. “I think that’s a big part of Demba. I think if you know Demba you know that he is an emotional person. It isn’t all about money for him.

“I think the fans can play a big part in keeping him. If I had a message I would say it would be nice for them to show him they want him to stay.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9164735/Newcastle-United-manager-Alan-Pardew-calls-on-supporters-to-persuade-Demba-Ba-to-stay.html?

He seems genuinely happy to play for us so if anything is going turn his head, it will be missing out on European football. I would hope though with the arrival of Cisse and (fingers crossed) a decent transfer window he'd give us at least another season to try and achieve that.

Reckon there's a fairly good chance he'll be off. What vaguely worries me about that article is that it'll be the fans fault according to Pardew if he does leave...The fact that he hasn't signed a new contract is a sign he's leaving options open.

I think he does seem to wear his heart on his sleeve and love it here, but I've been burned before down that road.

I'm not panicing though, if we do our scouting well again we can recover, I shudder to think where this season would have gone without him though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I was never really that concerned about losing him and am still not very, although the press are making it seem like there's more interest in him than I suspected. I still can't really see who would take him that are in a better position than us considering the knee issues. Unless it's PSG or what not.

Don't think anyone posted this from The Sun yesterday, although there's no quotes.

NEWCASTLE have offered Demba Ba a £50,000-a-week, four-year contract to prevent him leaving this summer.

The 16-goal striker is on the radar of the Premier League's big boys and has a £7million buyout clause in his current deal — of which he would pocket £2.5m in a move. But the Toon want to tear up the three-year contract he signed last summer after the Senegalese moved from relegated West Ham. Newcastle are even prepared to DOUBLE the money Ba would get if he leaves — with a £5m signing-on fee spread over the term of his new deal.

The offer also includes a substantial pay rise on his current £35,000 a week. Yet despite his public shows of affection to Newcastle and their supporters in recent weeks, Ba is in no rush to sign. That is despite a warning from manager Alan Pardew that if he does leave in the summer it will damage his reputation.

Ba, 26, is due to meet with his own representatives in the next seven days to discuss his options before making a decision

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4216432/Newcastle-offer-Demba-Ba-4-year-50k-a-week-deal.html

I really like him, i think he has a really good attitude. His work rate is excellent, he is a great striker.

Comes across as a humble, and really nice guy too.

I really hope he stays with us, he has been one of the best signings we have made in years, and the fact he was a free transfer, is quite surprising that someone of his quality could be a free.

I would back him to stay TBH, he had a great season and his mate Cisse has just turned up. He's surrounded by players he seems to like from similar backgrounds. Especially if we get into Europe, but even if not he'd be taking a big risk to move somewhere else.