Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Yeah Alan Smith always flew in with late alibi tackles because he couldn't keep up with the pace.

Gabriel Obertan is another Ryan Babel or David N'Gog. Got the physical and technical aspects to be a top footballer. None of them are aware of their surroundings past the tip of their feet.

Good on a ball, but not enough footballing brain to ever become good at the game itself.

He's shit on the ball as well, man. :lol:

He's s*** on the ball as well, man. :lol:

I think he looks worse on the ball than when he came here to me. At least he looked like he knew a couple of tricks on the ball... even if was mostly just those lazy setpovers. Now he looks like he doesn't even have that anymore.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone catch the moment in the first half near the edge of his own box where he proceeded to lose the ball 3 times in the space of around 10 seconds? Most entertaining thing I've ever seen him do in our shirt.

Charver's clever plan to sacrifice a midfielder for another deadly winger almost worked. We only gave up about 60% possession and one of those trademark lightning strikes from Obertan could have changed the game.

Anyone catch the moment in the first half near the edge of his own box where he proceeded to lose the ball 3 times in the space of around 10 seconds? Most entertaining thing I've ever seen him do in our shirt.

There was a similar moment in one of our attacking moves - 3 heavy touches in a row but got away with the first 2 as the defenders must've thought he was trying something clever and backed off - inevitably lost it on at the 3rd attempt of course.  :lol: