Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4 goals in 6. No malo (haven't seen him play that much, tbh)

His finish for QPR tonight was superb, his penalty wasn't.  In 2 minds whether I'd take him in the summer given that he rejected us so recently.  QPR are down.

4 goals in 6. No malo (haven't seen him play that much, tbh)

His finish for QPR tonight was superb, his penalty wasn't.  In 2 minds whether I'd take him in the summer given that he rejected us so recently.  QPR are down.

I've only seen highlights but he looks a player for sure.  His goal today was taken very well.

Seems to be doing well so far. If QPR gets relegated, he will surely have earned himself a move to a top 6 club. Can see the likes of Spurs and Arsenal after him, especially in a cut-price deal.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/04/02/newcastle-united-deciding-who-to-move-on-61634-33100364/#ixzz2PIPyMXy2

Meanwhile, The Journal understands that United have privately ruled out the prospect of snatching Loic Remy from QPR if the club are relegated at the end of the season.

He has a release clause in his contract will see him depart Loftus Road if the team drop into the Championship but United would not be among the takers if that happened.

Newcastle feel that supporters would not take to him, and were not particularly happy with the conduct of the player when he turned them down in January.

Not so sure about that.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/04/02/newcastle-united-deciding-who-to-move-on-61634-33100364/#ixzz2PIPyMXy2

Meanwhile, The Journal understands that United have privately ruled out the prospect of snatching Loic Remy from QPR if the club are relegated at the end of the season.

He has a release clause in his contract will see him depart Loftus Road if the team drop into the Championship but United would not be among the takers if that happened.

Newcastle feel that supporters would not take to him, and were not particularly happy with the conduct of the player when he turned them down in January.

Not so sure about that.

I think we could do better than an obvious mercenary.

Whats the deal with his injury record though??

This season above all, has proved we need our best players on the pitch. Can't guarantee anyones fitness I guess but a past record gives some kinda indication maybe?

Agree he's the type we need, seems mobile and quick footed...but would be worried about him playing say 20 games a season...

Seems to be doing well so far. If QPR gets relegated, he will surely have earned himself a move to a top 6 club. Can see the likes of Spurs and Arsenal after him, especially in a cut-price deal.

Not sure he's done that well. He's looked good, but six moths at a relegation side isn't a lot to earn the faith of a bigger club.

Looks like he's in Ba's situation when he went to West Ham. Apparently injury prone but very talented player "proves himself" at a relegated club and gets a free transfer. If he'd sign the kind of deal Ba must have then I'd have him.

Whats the deal with his injury record though??

This season above all, has proved we need our best players on the pitch. Can't guarantee anyones fitness I guess but a past record gives some kinda indication maybe?

Agree he's the type we need, seems mobile and quick footed...but would be worried about him playing say 20 games a season...

His injury record is a myth, just look at his appearance record in his career.

Anyway i'm of the opinion that he has made his bed he can lie in it but if we did sign him and started banging in goals i would soon change my mind :lol:

Who knows, he might have said to us ill be along in the summer once my fitness is up and earned a wedge in London.  :lol:

Wouldn't put it past Ashley to arrange something like that.

He's as good if not better than anything we've got, would make an improvement on the starting 11 and if he is available on a free or a knock down price then we'd be daft not to be interested.

We obviously seen something in him before he went to QPR and since he's been there he's scored 4 times in 6 appearances and looked decent in a struggling team in our league.

To many people are far to quick to put sentimentality before reality & if the stories are true he knocked them back 3 times in favour of us before accepting an offer that was to good to turn down.

If he did turn down there 30k more a week offer to come to us then that imo shows he no mercenary, but to knock back double what we were offering and a get out of jail free card would have shown him to be an idiot.

He has zero connection or affinity to us and playing football is his job, how many people would turn down double wages and release clause in his situation ?

I'd only mark him down as a mercenary if he was going somewhere he had little chance of being in the starting 11 every week and was prepared to warm the bench for his money. That was hardly gonna be the case at QPR.

He's as good if not better than anything we've got, would make an improvement on the starting 11 and if he is available on a free or a knock down price then we'd be daft not to be interested.

We obviously seen something in him before he went to QPR and since he's been there he's scored 4 times in 6 appearances and looked decent in a struggling team in our league.

To many people are far to quick to put sentimentality before reality & if the stories are true he knocked them back 3 times in favour of us before accepting an offer that was to good to turn down.

If he did turn down there 30k more a week offer to come to us then that imo shows he no mercenary, but to knock back double what we were offering and a get out of jail free card would have shown him to be an idiot.

He has zero connection or affinity to us and playing football is his job, how many people would turn down double wages and release clause in his situation ?

I'd only mark him down as a mercenary if he was going somewhere he had little chance of being in the starting 11 every week and was prepared to warm the bench for his money. That was hardly gonna be the case at QPR.

:thup:

Na fuck him, he chose money and London.

Hope he struggles for a move with his high wages.

I don't think he will. His finishing looks superb, and his stint at QPR has only proven his ability. For all the likes of Gouffran are very tidy players, the difference is in the goals put in the back of the net.