Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Was this translated from Spanish?

It's from Marca, I just located the original article. http://www.marca.com/2015/10/03/futbol/futbol_internacional/premier_league/1443862081.html

Looks to me there's nothing in it. "Pochettino was interested. I was flattered by it, it didn't happen because NUFC thought I was too important".

Other highlights of the interview:

- Was disappointed to not play more at the beginning of the season, but he understands there was a lot of new people and a new manager, and he feels his hard work is being rewarded now.

- Gets along very well with Mitrovic on and off the pitch. Feels their playing styles mix up very well.

- He feels most comfortable playing as second striker.

- Wants to improve his defensive game (the way he says it makes me think he's been instructed to do so)

Was this translated from Spanish?

It's from Marca, I just located the original article. http://www.marca.com/2015/10/03/futbol/futbol_internacional/premier_league/1443862081.html

Looks to me there's nothing in it. "Pochettino was interested. I was flattered by it, it didn't happen because NUFC thought I was too important".

Other highlights of the interview:

- Was disappointed to not play more at the beginning of the season, but he understands there was a lot of new people and a new manager, and he feels his hard work is being rewarded now.

- Gets along very well with Mitrovic on and off the pitch. Feels their playing styles mix up very well.

- He feels most comfortable playing as second striker.

- Wants to improve his defensive game (the way he says it makes me think he's been instructed to do so)

Thanks dude :thup:

Just reading the Perez quotes on the last page. Are people unhappy that we considered him too important to sell to Spurs now? ???

"There was interest from Tottenham, especially from Pochettino. It is a compliment to me. In the end it did not work because Newcastle considered me too important and would not let me leave."

Or am I misreading the reactions.

There's nothing to suggest he wanted to leave, just that it's a compliment to him that a manager wanted him. We didn't want to sell him, not sure what the issue is?

'In the end it did not work' implies he was up for it, IMO.