Other clubs' transfers

Greg

9 hours ago, TRC said:

Man asks to be paid what he is worth and it's greed..

Hate footballers being called greedy for wanting to earn the most money. 

every other profession and sport it’s perfectly fine. 

Salah is arguably the most devastating footballer in the world. He should be paid accordingly. 

he turns 30 in June.  This is his last long term major contract most likely. 

Poor sod. Turning down 300k/week or whatever despite wanting to stay and loves the club and fans. It’s not like he’s offered peanuts. 

im not saying he’s worse than many many other footballers around. But where is loyalty these days, but I guess money is more important these days. 

For example, I’ve been headhunted by other companies that would offer me more money than I’m on now. But I have turned them down because money isn’t everything. It’s not exactly the same thing, I know. Same principles apply though. 

this is why I admire the kind of players that stay at their clubs because they like it, despite being able to earn more money elsewhere. It’s one thing if they don’t want to stay, or are looking for a new challenge. But then again they shouldn’t stay because they are offered silly money to stay, but because they genuinely want to. 

Salad can get paid more elsewhere and Liverpool will have their limit as they’re not as rich as some clubs, both have understandable positions. What’s annoying is Salah’s PR bullshit of “I really want to stay at Liverpool but it’s up to the club and out of my hands.” Anyway, I hope he does leave.

38 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Salad can get paid more elsewhere and Liverpool will have their limit as they’re not as rich as some clubs, both have understandable positions. What’s annoying is Salah’s PR bullshit of “I really want to stay at Liverpool but it’s up to the club and out of my hands.” Anyway, I hope he does leave.

[emoji38]

I don't understand the 'where is the loyalty' argument anymore tbh. There'll be no loyalty when he's on the downturn, fans are saying he needs replacing and the club start shopping him around at every opportunity. 

The 'love the club' shit is certainly disingenuous but if you see peers earning more than you than I don't blame you for wanting to be on a par, especially when it's likely your last big payday. 

On 12/03/2022 at 11:56, wormy said:

I don't understand the 'where is the loyalty' argument anymore tbh. There'll be no loyalty when he's on the downturn, fans are saying he needs replacing and the club start shopping him around at every opportunity. 

The 'love the club' shit is certainly disingenuous but if you see peers earning more than you than I don't blame you for wanting to be on a par, especially when it's likely your last big payday. 

It's not like LFC will be in peril or face a serious down-turn if they pay him what he wants. It won't stop them being profitable even.

They just don't want to break their financial model because if they do, other players will want more money and eventually LFC wll become less profitable.

Liverpool have done a pretty good job of looking to replace their front three with the Jota and Diaz signings. 

There's still no Salah replacement though and losing him for the sake of 100k per week seems a bit daft. 

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

No he couldn't. And not for this amount of time on his contract considering the fee we paid.

Salah could join any LFC rival and get what he's demanding.

You dont know this so stop making things up.  It was said in swedish television that a journalist close to A. Madrid said that he could have earned more in Madrid if he had stayed for longer, also that there were other clubs circling around which would have been able to offer more if he had been willing to wait.

Trippier himself even recently said that he could have earned more where he was, and that was without waiting for other clubs.

Unless this journalist was making things up for no reason whatsoever, and Trippier himself also lying. So stop trying to be a oracle. 

Ok fair enough. He wanted to move closer to home.  

Salah is from a different continent. There’s no reason he should be paid less than he could at Liverpool over another top European side. If he was moving to a much less competitive league for the money, I would understand the criticism. 

5 hours ago, Menace said:

Considering Rashford is on £350k a week or whatever, Salah has every right to ask for £400k

Salah deserves 400K-500K salary. No doubt about it. Problem is that we cant afford it. It is not as simple as why loose him for an extra 100-150K. A lot of our players have a clause where their salary is bumped up if their salary is lower than a percentage of the maximum wage. Such clauses are quite common nowadays.

Also when it becomes time for Jota, Diaz, Van Dijk, Allison, TAA salary negotiation, they will start demanding 300-350K. It will become like Barca with Messi. Definitely Messi deserved the salary that Barcelona was paying him. Problem is that salary became the benchmark for negotiation for Suarez, Coutinho, Griezmann, etc. and Messi's salary started lifting the salaries of those around him until it became unsustainable. I maybe wrong here but I think a lot of Man United's high wages were driven by the crazy contract they handed out to De Gea and Alexis Sanchez. 

We maybe able to just afford Salah's salary but not the resulting inflation it will bring about. 

Guest neesy111
7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

David Beckham 

Nah, can see why people would say it but his England and Real Madrid exploits in last 3 months say otherwise.