Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Linesman tonight must be a Massive Lads Fan rather than a mag. 

What the actual fuck?! It was in the 92nd minute as well so would've finished 1-0. They just showed it on Sky Sports News and the defender even handballs it before QPR score. Just clicked on that twitter page and in the comment section it is incredible how many people don't understand the offside rule 

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

Not a fucking chance. NUFC do not need that lot doing well in way, shape or form to assist our progress. Personally I hope they stay in the 3rd Division forever and we never play them again.

And anyone thinking of feeling sorry for them, have a read through last year's thread here, at the point when the Saudis appeared to pull out of the deal...  https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/june-to-july-2020-nufc.1519229/post-32095731

I just don't think people would behave much different if the shoe was on the other foot. Their behavior isn't an excuse for us to lower ourselves to their level.

3 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

I don’t get it? If the ball is played to the striker in the middle who scored, then he’s offside. If the keeper isn’t the last man, there needs to be two defenders behind the ball to be onside. Right?

Na, as there is a defender behind the keeper, the keeper becomes “last man”, meaning that he is onside.

Genuinely incredible how that has been disallowed. The EFL/FA must be shitting it after putting a Mag in charge of rhe Charlton game that they’ve had to even it up for the MLFs.

3 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Na, as there is a defender behind the keeper, the keeper becomes “last man”, meaning that he is onside.

Genuinely incredible how that has been disallowed. The EFL/FA must be shitting it after putting a Mag in charge of rhe Charlton game that they’ve had to even it up for the MLFs.

:thup:

Just checked the law, and you’re right. Is that a new rule? It’s been ten years since I played and nearly 25 since I ran lines, but I definitely remember being taught that specific case as both keeper and lino… 

1 hour ago, Raconteur said:

:thup:

Just checked the law, and you’re right. Is that a new rule? It’s been ten years since I played and nearly 25 since I ran lines, but I definitely remember being taught that specific case as both keeper and lino… 

Fairly sure it's always been the rule. Normally comes into play when the keeper is well out of position and a defender is on the line and fans are screaming it can't be offside as there's a defender on the line. It's easier to understand if you don't see it as keeper and defenders and just see them all as defending team.

7 hours ago, Raconteur said:

I don’t get it? If the ball is played to the striker in the middle who scored, then he’s offside. If the keeper isn’t the last man, there needs to be two defenders behind the ball to be onside. Right?

Edit: didn't see the new page, already covered.

Edited by Chris_R

If I had woke up a few weeks ago and noticed they were into the quarter finals of the cup I would have been gutted about it , now I can honestly say I couldn’t care less, just shows what Ashley and Bruce did to the club that I ended up caring so much about the mackems.

16 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Man City/West Ham, Leicester, Brentford, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal still in it.

Liverpool also, doesn’t matter they wouldn’t get near to winning it, as would most team nowadays. Our takeover will hopefully means that changes in the not too distant future.

Edited by et tu brute

17 hours ago, Bintang said:

To be fair to the mackems they are certainly not hypocrites when it comes to the takeover. If a bunch of foreign brown people rocked up in Sunderland they would surely be chased out of town  

A South African dance troupe said going to Sunderland was like returning to apartheid

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sunderland-racism-like-apartheid-era-x8l6xgbhm70.

By the what is going on with offside explanations? 

If you’re ahead of the 2nd last opposition player you’re offside unless the ball was played backwards to you by one of your own players who received the ball in an onside position. Doesn’t matter if you were in an offside position yourself when your teammate received the ball unless you were active (now there’s a talking point). And a defender can’t just step off the pitch in an attempt to make you offside.

Think I’ve been reading some typos.