Football governance

Nobody

Just watched the Klopp rant on Neville And the reception his team received. He somehow he also bigged up the owners. I don't know man. That was really unnecessary. That is how the whole footballing world feels towards your club now so get used to it. Getting all riled up about YNWA with Gary Neville ffs.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Looks like Florentino Perez has fronted up at least on Spanish TV.

To paraphrase...Need to alleviate lost income, need to make more profit to secure futures, make the game more competitive, big clubs have to lead the way.

It will be intentionally less competitive though :lol:

Once they gain more income they’ll just spend more, and won’t be anymore secure financially 

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, Disco said:

To paraphrase...Need to alleviate lost income, need to make more profit to secure futures, make the game more competitive, big clubs have to lead the way.

They are spending €600m on a stadium refurbishment which funnily enough is benefitting his construction company.  Fucking cunt.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

to paraphrase further "Greed is good"

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Just watched the Klopp rant on Neville And the reception his team received. He somehow he also bigged up the owners. I don't know man. That was really unnecessary. That is how the whole footballing world feels towards your club now so get used to it. Getting all riled up about YNWA with Gary Neville ffs.

He was like the bloke caught doing 130mph on the motorway telling the arresting officer he should be out catching the "real criminals". 

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

It will be intentionally less competitive though :lol:

Once they gain more income they’ll just spend more, and won’t be anymore secure financially 

Spend more? They won’t need to. They can finish bottom and pick up their share of the 4 billion every year.

No doubt Real Madrid's debts are massive, but this isn't some valiant effort to solve a contemporary crisis.

Perez has been talking about a super league for years.

He's just managed to build out his array of willing stooges, with Kroenke, FSG, Elliott Management and Levy completing the set.

Perez is one of the biggest cunts in all of football, how anyone still listens to him is beyond me. I'm hoping this finally fucks him but no doubt he'll make Real a shitload of money and be around for ever. 

43 minutes ago, Sima said:

That’s not the club manager’s fault or the players to be fair but there needs to be a seismic transfer request or resignation of a manager for them to really throw their weight behind it and nail their colours to the mast.

I know the suggesting the players of the 6 English clubs at least all agreeing as a union to hand in transfer requests or even go on strike sounds absolutely fucking ridiculous but to me anyway it's exactly the response that's needed. Go fucking nuclear and tear the cunts down.

2 minutes ago, triggs said:

Perez has mentioned it tonight and Agnelli has previously but they all seem obsessed with this notion that young people aren't interested in football anymore

It seems to me to be total and utter bollocks? 

1 minute ago, triggs said:

Perez has mentioned it tonight and Agnelli has previously but they all seem obsessed with this notion that young people aren't interested in football anymore

A big part of this seems to be their assumptions about what fans abroad/younger fans want without doing any research to figure out if they're correct and if this risk is worth it.

After covid, I don't know how possible it is for media companies to pay the money for tv rights their expecting. It's certainly not going to happen here.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I know the suggesting the players of the 6 English clubs at least all agreeing as a union to hand in transfer requests or even go on strike sounds absolutely fucking ridiculous but to me anyway it's exactly the response that's needed. Go fucking nuclear and tear the cunts down.

Players and managers only care about money. Klopp personified that tonight. Coward.

Guest neesy111

I do think they have a point about younger fans but here's an idea, why don't you stop paying agents etc and cut costs like most businesses have had to do during the Pandemic.

Edited by neesy111

2 minutes ago, triggs said:

I was reading a few months back that in initial plans for Project Big Picture they wanted to reduce the length of the games among other initiatives, linked into the perception that a traditional football match doesn't capture the attention anymore.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I was reading a few months back that in initial plans for Project Big Picture they wanted to reduce the length of the games among other initiatives, linked into the perception that a traditional football match doesn't capture the attention anymore.

Sounds like they've hired the same idiot consultants for the 100 in cricket.

Guest neesy111

That youguv survey worried me mind.  21% of fans actually liked the idea which is ridiculous.  Not a single fan should like this.

It's precisely the endless pissing about with the game that is turning young people off. I hate VAR, I hate how all the players get daft cash, I hate all the owners turning them into businesses, I hate the politics, rule changes and FIFA corruption.

We need rid of the old, out of touch mafia who have been persistently attempting to ruin our game to line their pockets, while wasting supporter's hard earned cash.