Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

3 for me. We’re in good form compared to the others down there.

:thup:

West Brom are gone. Soton have 1 win in 17 (apparently cba to check) and Stoke have horrific fixtures. I think even one more win for us could be enough :lol:

4. Win our next match and it’s a 2 and almost job done. Could see us going on a tidy run and finish comfortable.

Could also see us blowing our next game heaping daft amounts of pressure on ourselves.

If a rating of 5 is 50/50 to go down, it's got to be less than that now, since we have a 4 point gap to Soton, if Stoke lose tomorrow, we'll be 5 points clear with a much better GD. So got to be at worst a 4, beat Huddersfield and we may well be looking up rather than down for the remainder, if other results fall our way.

Feeling a lot more confident of staying up after Saturday's win. Such a vital win.

Still work to do of course, but if you'd offered us, at start of season: 5 points clear, with a relatively strong GD (with 8 games to go), I think most would've taken that.

If City win tonight I'd be fairly confident that our relegation worries are over. We're picking up points regularly enough that a 5 point gap with 8 games left should be enough to stay above the teams in the bottom 3.

2 for me. FiveThirtyEight has us at 5% and the bookies odds are lengthening, so 2 is sufficiently pessimistic for now.

It'll go back up if Huddersfield beat us, but lets see if that happens first and not assume the worst.

Being absolutely pessimistic here, say we lose all three games against the top 6 clubs we have remaining and average 1 point per game from the games, that's a return of 5 points from 8 games, well below our current ppg. That would leave us on 37 points, not sure at least 2 of Stoke, Soton or Palace can take 10 points from 8 and overhaul the GD on us.

Funny how things change, a few weeks back it looked like you would need at least 40 points this season, now it may be as low as 35.

It's because people make the link that the more teams involved at the bottom and/or the better the teams are means that you'll need a higher points total to stay up, which isn't necessarily the case.  There are only so many points to go around and so many teams involved that at least a few of them will fuck up and only pick a few points up between now and the end of the season.

Got us 12th with 38pts. As long as the big 6 do what is expected of them then the bottom 8 all have pretty tough run ins.

Wham too the last spot on gd with 35pts. So 2 wins will do it.

It's because people make the link that the more teams involved at the bottom and/or the better the teams are means that you'll need a higher points total to stay up, which isn't necessarily the case.  There are only so many points to go around and so many teams involved that at least a few of them will f*** up and only pick a few points up between now and the end of the season.

:thup:

Just put 1-0 / 0-1 for win and 0-0 for draws

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/)/

ps5vDWC.png

Man, I really want West Ham to get relegated :(

Still a bit crazy to me to think where we'd be with a bit of luck in the injury department (Lascelles earlier in season) and a few bounces/decisions going our way (Bournemouth home) and closing out a few of those late 85-ish minute games.

Just put 1-0 / 0-1 for win and 0-0 for draws

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/)/

ps5vDWC.png

Man, I really want West Ham to get relegated :(

Could well do, they've got the 2 Manchester clubs and Chelsea to play, and since you've done just 1-0/0-1/0-0 for results, it doesn't take into account the potential drubbings they could get which could have a huge impact on their GD.