Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Quite interesting that they’ve told them to get in line behind clubs action, gives the impression that their legal resources may be stretched. Kennedy confirmed just before this won’t happen, also interestingly the PL have sent numerous communications answering questions they weren’t even asked.

Neither case gets to court and this will be settled in my opinion.

For whatever reason some people are desperate for this to fail, just so they can say "ATODASO!"

f***ing weirdos.

I think you are wrong mind, some just react to facts and from someone not really seeing any change at all the facts are we still have Ashley and no sign at all of that changing anytime soon so I’ve no idea wtf you find to talk about all day  :lol:      Good luck with anything mind , one day something will change . ;)

For whatever reason some people are desperate for this to fail, just so they can say "ATODASO!"

Fucking weirdos.

Thing is it has failed. That’s what all the legal shite is about.  Hopefully when the legal shite is resolved they come back in for us.

Fucking weirdos.

Not everyone is taken in by some spurious claims.

That seems to anger people like yourself for some strange reason.

These latest developments are just air.

1. It's confirmation that buyer and seller are currently entrenched in a legal battle with the PL and that De Marco QC is involved. This wasn't known this morning. We only had optimistic suspicion.

Where has it been confirmed that the Staveley/Saudi consortium are currently party to a legal dispute with the Premier League?

"Nowhere" is the answer, if you're wondering.

Personally, I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing so much about Redbird Capital.

I'm not sure why some people are in this thread at all if they believe there's next to no chance of a takeover happening. One would think you have something better to do than try and convince others, who feel like there's a chance of it happening.

f***ing weirdos.

I think you are wrong mind, some just react to facts and from someone not really seeing any change at all the facts are we still have Ashley and no sign at all of that changing anytime soon so I’ve no idea wtf you find to talk about all day  :lol:      Good luck with anything mind , one day something will change . ;)

Fucking weirdos.

Thing is it has failed. That’s what all the legal shite is about.  Hopefully when the legal shite is resolved they come back in for us.

Fucking weirdos.

Werw, werw, werw.

Calm down :lol:

I'm in this thread cos i really want some positive news, I don't hate people for having more hope than I, I just don't really care how confident the buying side are I'm not really having it until the premier league actually put it through, which frankly I doubt will happen, but I don't want to be a party pooper, I understand people have hopes and don't think it's stupid to or anything.I take no joy from us carrying on under ashley and bruce.

I don't know why people are still getting worked up about this. Assume it's off, forget about Mimms, Golfmag, whoever the other bloke was they're all just ITKs. They may well have good information but it doesn't mean anything. Amanda Staveley could pop on the forum and say 'It's looking good guys' and I still wouldn't get that excited because a lot of things are out of the buyers hands.

Come back at the end of the season and see.

I don't know why people are still getting worked up about this. Assume it's off, forget about Mimms, Golfmag, whoever the other bloke was they're all just ITKs. They may well have good information but it doesn't mean anything. Amanda Staveley could pop on the forum and say 'It's looking good guys' and I still wouldn't get that excited because a lot of things are out of the buyers hands.

Ok we’ll see you at the end of the season take your own advice.

So, the letter from the PL to the NCSL mentioned in this article from The Mag, is that not confirmation enough that a legal battle is now ongoing between the club and the PL in regards to the takeover? All the negative nellies flouncing about has got me confused:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/11/premier-league-confirm-they-are-currently-in-legal-dispute-with-newcastle-united/

In an official statement, NCSL confirmed to the Gazette:

“The Newcastle Consortium Supporters has received a reply from the EPL’s lawyers, Bird & Bird that has confirmed that the club is currently in a legal dispute with the EPL regarding the proposed acquisition, which may lead to a duplication of the issues raised by the fans consortium. The EPL have said it would therefore be premature for us to bring our claim now."

If Amanda Staveley popped onto the forum saying looking good boys half the forum would collapse with their tongues out and schlong in hand

Fucking weirdos.

Right on cue.  Mister Misery comes riding in.

how monumentally thick do you have to be to think people wanting the takeover to happen is the same as being them "taken in by some spurious claims" I mean that's just actual in-need-of-assisted-living levels of mental deficiency and then to try and be condescending about it like you're some prophet of truth and rationality just fuck off man you're so goddamn tedious and boring