Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

It sounds daft but it's so refreshing having a manager who can tailor plans based on the opposition rather than what our previous manager did.

Looked to me like a clear plan to allow Duffy possession on the ball because he's their worst footballer

What has been evident is we seem to have minimised our individual errors. We were making clumsy and comedic mistakes not so long ago that would lead to goals or fouls or penalties or even red cards. Everyone has been well drilled and discplined whil playing with focus.  Howe and the coaching team are doing some job. Well done.

Vote for Eddie (February MotM) here:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2509232

Up against these three in the shortlist

Mikel ArtetaP3 W3 D0 L0 GD+3; Ralph Hasenhuttl: P4 W3 D1 L0 GD+5; Jurgen Klopp: P4 W4 D0 L0 GD+11.

Eddie Howe: P4 W3 D1 L0 GD+5.
Newcastle United moved out of the bottom three for the first time since September with 10 points from a possible 12. Howe's men beat relegation rivals Everton and Brentford in that run.

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

What has been evident is we seem to have minimised our individual errors. We were making clumsy and comedic mistakes not so long ago that would lead to goals or fouls or penalties or even red cards. Everyone has been well drilled and discplined whil playing with focus.  Howe and the coaching team are doing some job. Well done.

Yep, great point. We were absolute perverts for a points-dropping individual error, right up until the end of Watford. Basically none now. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yep, great point. We were absolute perverts for a points-dropping individual error, right up until the end of Watford. Basically none now. 

The difference now is that even with an individual error players are well drilled enough to cover.

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Vote for Eddie (February MotM) here:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2509232

Up against these three in the shortlist

Mikel ArtetaP3 W3 D0 L0 GD+3; Ralph Hasenhuttl: P4 W3 D1 L0 GD+5; Jurgen Klopp: P4 W4 D0 L0 GD+11.

Eddie Howe: P4 W3 D1 L0 GD+5.
Newcastle United moved out of the bottom three for the first time since September with 10 points from a possible 12. Howe's men beat relegation rivals Everton and Brentford in that run.

Up against managers doing jobs they should be with budgets/teams that should be getting those results.

1 hour ago, loki679 said:

Thought he left it a bit late to change things today, like.  Was clear from the beginning of the 2nd half we were struggling.

We looked jaded. Proactive team selection would have been helpful to overall performance 

Think you’re going a bit far like, Keegan is in a league of his own for me, with Bobby in a league of his own after. Keegan wasn’t just a revolutionary figure for the club but just a man of pure class. I think Eddie has some of those classy qualities and if he wins something for us and stays for years he could prove to be right up there but let’s give him a few seasons first 

55 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Think you’re going a bit far like, Keegan is in a league of his own for me, with Bobby in a league of his own after. Keegan wasn’t just a revolutionary figure for the club but just a man of pure class. I think Eddie has some of those classy qualities and if he wins something for us and stays for years he could prove to be right up there but let’s give him a few seasons first 

If he stays with us for a few years and actually wins something I wouldn't just say he's "up there" :lol: If he does well, stays with us and wins us trophies he will surpass Keegan for me. There's nothing to suggest Keegan has/had more "class" than Howe for what I've seen so far.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Fraser got it spot on in his interview. We do still make individual errors, but now we respond to them:

“To a man, we fought and worked for each other. If somebody made a mistake, somebody else bailed them out. The togetherness is unbelievable."

Largely the same players, but Howe has got them running through brick walls together. Bruce had them sat on brick walls eating their second lunch.