Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Lifelong Bournemouth fan here (since the mid-80s). Have been following this thread since the spotlight fell on Eddie. Was going to contribute earlier, but @cherryredbeat me to it and said a lot of the same things I would’ve. 

It’s been interesting to watch the mood evolve from sceptical/disappointed to real optimism and excitement around his appointment as you guys get to know (through vids/articles etc) a bit more about him as a manager and as a man. 

I hope that the tens of thousands of fans that aren’t on this forum will give him the same chance as it looks like you will. Unlike some other Cherries, I actually think this could be a match made in heaven, so long as the owners and fans can buy into Eddie’s long term vision. Eddie will bring a work-ethic, passion, intelligence and relentless desire to better not just himself and the players, but every aspect of the club and its facilities. The fact that he can be so devoted to coaching the team and every individual within it whilst simultaneously having huge and crystal clear vision for a club more broadly is pretty unparalleled. He may not give you the immediate shot in the arm of a Big Sam, but if you stick with him (whether staying up or going down) he could build you a dynasty.

And to show that I’m happy to put my money and time where my mouth is, the lad and I have just bought tickets for the Brentford game so we can be there for the start of the next step in Eddie’s journey. Going to be weird properly supporting another team for the first time ever!

And don’t worry about this falling through. Jason Tindall is just negotiating where his sunbed is going to go, and Eddie just needs to make sure the owners can spell his name.

Genuinely good luck, and give the guy some time. He’s pure class. 

Edited by CherryPie

7 minutes ago, CherryPie said:

Lifelong Bournemouth fan here (since the mid-80s). Have been following this thread since the spotlight fell on Eddie. Was going to contribute earlier, but @cherryredbeat me to it and said a lot of the same things I would’ve. 

It’s been interesting to watch the mood evolve from sceptical/disappointed to real optimism and excitement around his appointment as you guys get to know (through vids/articles etc) a bit more about him as a manager and as a man. 

I hope that the tens of thousands of fans that aren’t on this forum will give him the same chance as it looks like you will. Unlike some other Cherries, I actually think this could be a match made in heaven, so long as the owners and fans can buy into Eddie’s long term vision. Eddie will bring a work-ethic, passion, intelligence and relentless desire to better not just himself and the players, but every aspect of the club and its facilities. The fact that he can be so devoted to coaching the team and every individual within it whilst simultaneously having huge and crystal clear vision for a club more broadly is pretty unparalleled. He may not give you the immediate shot in the arm of a Big Sam, but if you stick with him (whether staying up or going down) he could build you a dynasty.

And to show that I’m happy to put my money and time where my mouth is, the lad and I have just bought tickets for the Brentford game so we can be there for the start of next step in Eddie’s journey. Going to be weird properly supporting another team for the first time ever!

And don’t worry about this falling through. Jason Tindall is just negotiating where his sunbed is going to go, and Eddie just needs to make sure the owners can spell his name.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting this. 

I was one of those a bit disappointed, but that was only because I had my heart set on Emery. Everything I’ve read/watched about Howe since has got me very excited. He seems like a genuine, hard working bloke too which is more than can be said about our previous dosser of a manager.

Hope you enjoy the Brentford game, sure it’ll be a great occasion. 

20 minutes ago, CherryPie said:

And to show that I’m happy to put my money and time where my mouth is, the lad and I have just bought tickets for the Brentford game so we can be there for the start of the next step in Eddie’s journey. Going to be weird properly supporting another team for the first time ever!

Great post :thup:

I assure you kind sir, none of us want any part of a shot of whatever Sam Allardyce is offering.

Can't wait for Eddie to get started. You have no idea what we've been through with Bruce. No idea!

Also really enjoying your success this season so far with Parker who I really like as a manager, and I'm glad you guys seem to have found another really talented young manager to get behind. Been phenomenal how much Solanke and Billing are coming along for him as goal scoring threats upfront and from midfield respectively.

Welcome!

15 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Seem a nice bunch, the Bournemouth lads. :lol: that podcast that's been shared on here two or three times is a good watch/listen too. 

Aye, was the interesting stuff. Amazing how much they love him.

Been really impressed with the Bournemouth lads on here so far.

And the City ones have been decent too so far. And that Arsenal lad.

Quite enjoying our new football fwends. 

Guest neesy111

No surprise the Bournemouth lads love him, the job he did is twice what Keegan did here tbh.  We were only Bottom of the championship FFS. Bottom of the football league to beating Liverpool 4-3. 

Unbelievable stuff.

3 hours ago, 54 said:

Given Tindall was in the stands with Howe and the issue is apparently staff,  I wonder when it'll be official?

Unfortunately, we still have the same system as existed under Ashley, where the people who run the club aren't the ones holding the purse strings. It's bound to produce delays in decisions, or sometimes indecision. 

I suspect that Staveley has agreed terms with Eddie and his backroom people, but we now have to wait for the PIF to sign it off. 

Very foolish of the new owners not to sack Bruce straight off the bat and get someone in.  Precious time was lost, near impossible task Eddie has on his hands now  After today i just cannot see it - we are just so poor.

20 minutes ago, duo said:

Very foolish of the new owners not to sack Bruce straight off the bat and get someone in.  Precious time was lost, near impossible task Eddie has on his hands now  After today i just cannot see it - we are just so poor.

A bit 'Captain Hindsight' this. 

22 minutes ago, duo said:

"Someone" ?

3 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Unfortunately, we still have the same system as existed under Ashley, where the people who run the club aren't the ones holding the purse strings. It's bound to produce delays in decisions, or sometimes indecision. 

I suspect that Staveley has agreed terms with Eddie and his backroom people, but we now have to wait for the PIF to sign it off. 

Why is that unfortunate? I have to assume that is only temporary and once we've matured organizationally, with executives hired who understand how to run a business, the process will become much more fluid. I'm sure PIF would rather have input at a QBR type setting rather than the running of day to day operations. 

We've been run like a Sports Direct franchise for the past 15years, so diligence will be done until the change management pieces are put in play to have us run independently, with less oversight from our owners in the day to day. Things will get better, takes time.

I know the performances have been shite, but picking up points away to Palace and Brighton (including being robbed of a win) and losing at home to Chelsea  since Bruce went doesn't sound all that much of a bad base to improve upon, let alone impossible. All 3 teams are much better than Newcastle's.

33 minutes ago, kisearch said:

I know the performances have been shite, but picking up points away to Palace and Brighton (including being robbed of a win) and losing at home to Chelsea  since Bruce went doesn't sound all that much of a bad base to improve upon, let alone impossible. All 3 teams are much better than Newcastle's.

Yeah totally I was thinking this last night I mean what more could we have asked for realistically. 

If we pick up 7 points out of our next 4 games that's 9 in our last 7. Continue that kind of form which is a win percentage of like 40% we could finish on 40 plus points and be safe. 

3 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Yeah totally I was thinking this last night I mean what more could we have asked for realistically. 

If we pick up 7 points out of our next 4 games that's 9 in our last 7. Continue that kind of form which is a win percentage of like 40% we could finish on 40 plus points and be safe. 

yet you have just said we must pick up 9 points from 3 games or we’re screwed [emoji38]