The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I'm really not liking how many games other teams around us, have in hand.

We have some winnable games in Jan & Feb and we need a VERY good January transfer window, and to get our business done early. Let's hope that is what we see and we see no more of the old "Tried to get it over the line".

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Howe seemed to be indicating about Covid being a problem in the squad, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it is.

It's adding to the PLs problems but it makes sense with squads so stretched. Reschedule the Everton match. Any squad is going to be fucked playing 3 games in 7 days, let along with covid.

Not sure where Everton are up to in their covid crisis. I assume they will be magically back to full strength in time for Thursday just to rub things in.

The ability to spunk £100m+ in the next 3 weeks is the kicker for me. Yes, I know the situation is shite and could get worse but injecting £100m+ of talent into that team tonight will make a huge difference. If it doesn't happen we're fucked. If it does happen but they don't hit the ground running we're fucked. 

But we now look like a completely different team to the one Bruce handed over. 

If we had started the season with Howe instead of Cabbageheed we'd be fine. The rot was allowed to set in for too long. Somehow we're not cut adrift yet, but the signings need to be early doors as we don't have any games we can afford to waste.

Given the imbalance of the games played across the bottom 6 (Burnley and Watford having multiple games in hand) it is almost impossible to judge how likely we are to stay up.

I would say we're capable of winning 7 and drawing 3-4 of the last 19 games which would give us a chance. It will need a real turn of fortune and for ASM and Wilson injuries to be short term though.

Could really do with the Everton game being postponed.

Wilson sounds like he has done some damage so could be out for a good while and Max possibly a few weeks also. Of all the players you don't want injured it has to be them two. Losing those two for any period is a massive blow to our chances of staying up.

I've stayed with a 6 through some rough times and I'm remaining there, still plenty of the season to play and we're still within striking distance of safety, but we're still in the relegation zone. We aren't, however, playing like a relegated team, keep up this effort and performance level and its a matter of time before we climb out, not "if".

Still an 8 for me. It's great that we are finally starting to look like a team but the bottom line is we are continuing to drop points from matches that should have been won. That's the classic sign of a team that gets relegated.

We need to have players in the door next week. Staying up is truly in the hands of the owners now. We undoubtedly have the right manager but he needs the tools to keep us up, and he needs them pronto.

I remain unbudged at 5.

The big question will be how those games in hand are handled. If teams have to fit them in to the existing season calendar then that's a scary pile up for some of our rivals.

But I've officially subscribed to 'the league want us down' so they'll extend the season so teams can play their games in hand fresh while we just sit and watch like chumps. 

This already feels like a brand new team and it'll be yet another one in 3-4 weeks time. 

5 or 6 wins and the draws that naturally come with that - doable.

More importantly - if we do go down - we're going in the right direction. Guys like Joelinton, Willock, Wilson will be class down there.

Edited by Ketsbaia

It's really a difficult one to gauge.

On the one hand you look at our points tally and you feel physically sick it's so horrendous, but then you look at teams around us and the gap isn't that big. But then you see the games in hand of others, but they could also easily not mean that many points either...

It's going to be a crazy shit show, so let's enjoy the ride.