More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

Who is this young midfielder with huge potensial you would have taken over Phillips?

Just off the top of my head:

Boubacar Kamara

Ibrahim Sangare

Maxence Caqueret

Enzo Fernandez

Sandro Tonali

All cheaper than Phillips (at least according to TransferMarkt)

How useless is the Lyon coach exactly.

They started last season with Bruno, Pacqueta, Aouar, Dembele all in the team ... why are they not managing a top 5 place in France even with Bruno having left?!

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

How useless is the Lyon coach exactly.

They started last season with Bruno, Pacqueta, Aouar, Dembele all in the team ... why are they not managing a top 5 place in France even with Bruno having left?!

They seem to be producing mental talent.

They still have Rayan Cherki, Malo Gusto, Castello Lukeba, Maxence Caqueret and just signed Tete too

Great academy/scouting

I wouldnt exactly be gutted if we signed Phillips but like I’ve said before, I’d rather get say Grillitsch on a free and use the money for other positions. 

24 minutes ago, arnonel said:

They seem to be producing mental talent.

They still have Rayan Cherki, Malo Gusto, Castello Lukeba, Maxence Caqueret and just signed Tete too

Great academy/scouting

My God ... they should be finishing second to PSG without any palava, and in actually should be the one team that pushes them at the minute.

Instead they are sat in 8th place!!!

28 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Just off the top of my head:

Boubacar Kamara

Ibrahim Sangare

Maxence Caqueret

Enzo Fernandez

Sandro Tonali

All cheaper than Phillips (at least according to TransferMarkt)

They are all good players agree on that. Some say Phillips has a relegation clause around £30m.

57 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I'm reluctant to pass judgment on Cornet until I've seen the raspberry ripples on his lass.

He’s not flavour of the month at the moment at Burnley , so could be worth a punt

cool as ice under pressure 

Edited by JonBez comesock

5 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

He’s not flavour of the month at the moment at Burnley , so could be worth a punt

cool as ice under pressure 

£17.5m might be a low signing fee but he'll have to be paid hundred's and thousands.......

I'll get me coat

Think Phillips would be an unreal signing.

Out of everyone we have been linked with, Phillips is the one who shows an incredible amount of ambition.

23 minutes ago, STM said:

Think Phillips would be an unreal signing.

Out of everyone we have been linked with, Phillips is the one who shows an incredible amount of ambition.

I too like it for what it symbolises more than anything else. Who was the last England squad player we bought who I was either at their peak or entering the peak years of their career? I can't think of many, don't  exactly fit my criteria but would it be one of Batty, Speed (I know he's Welsh), Dyer (had he even had a cap when he joined?) or even Parker?

I get the argument about better value overseas but you do also need some good quality home grown players in the team too.

2 minutes ago, macphisto said:

I too like it for what it symbolises more than anything else. Who was the last England squad player we bought who I was either at their peak or entering the peak years of their career? I can't think of many, don't  exactly fit my criteria but would it be one of Batty, Speed (I know he's Welsh), Dyer (had he even had a cap when he joined?) or even Parker?

I get the argument about better value overseas but you do also need some good quality home grown players in the team too.

Woodgate? 

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

£17.5m might be a low signing fee but he'll have to be paid hundred's and thousands.......

I'll get me coat

It would be a blow for Burnley but when it comes down to it, 17.5m, it's all about the brass. With his style of play, fans would soon be buzzing.